Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Ultra Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats Western Australia not Washington fellas, been riding an FXR for the last dozen years or so , 'we have just picked up a 2008 Ultra Classic for day trips and weekenders down south , a bit more comfort for the wife (and myself)
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Welcome to the forum from SoCal.
Is the Ultra a add in to the stable, or did the FXR get replaced? Just curious. Both are beautiful scooters.
Them double-spoked wheels gotta be fun to keep clean! They sure look great!

Reactions: blackie

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Welcome from KY. Oh, yeah, she will be comfy now. Better strap her in cause a lot of women really do fall asleep on an Ultra.

·
Registered
2008 Ultra Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum from SoCal.
Is the Ultra a add in to the stable, or did the FXR get replaced? Just curious. Both are beautiful scooters.
Them double-spoked wheels gotta be fun to keep clean! They sure look great!
Cheers 1/2 Ton , still got the FXR for now , but it will be getting cleaned up and sold :( I bought it as a wreck from a dealer in Alabama , shipped it home and rebuilt it - here is a pic of it in the US

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

The spoke rear wheel looks nice but I have trouble with spoke breakage , cleaning is not so much trouble , we don't need to deal with snow etc on the roads down here ......

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Savannah GA. My wife and I love touring on our '14 Ultra.
My buddy has that same '08. Love the color. if he ever sells it I asked for first right of refusal. great bike

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nice. I thought the pics from now looked like a longer fork. Does it still handle as good as the stock length fork? Welcome from Illinois and Michigan.

·
Registered
2008 Ultra Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no idea mate, when I got it the front forks were jammed under the front cylinder, had to cut them off with a grinder - the previous owner had hit something head on . I shipped it to Australia and rebuilt it .

·
Registered
2008 Ultra Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Everything from the fork tube forward had to be replaced, had to cut and shut the right hand downtube , welded sleeves in it and replaced the damaged section. The only part that survived was the headlight.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Welcome from Virginia.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts