Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with Geico when it comes to claims and customer service??

Not really interested in every bodies pricing because there are so many variables that go into the cost of insurance. I am however curious about the service they provide and how they treat their customers. How are they to deal with?

Any information from anyone who has first hand experience would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

·
Yea, real tough guy.
194 Posts
I've had GEICO for years and never had any problems.

·
Smokin Ogre
261 Posts
We had to get a lawyer and sue GEICO after my wife's car accident. It was her insurance.

·
Super Moderator
4,288 Posts
Have Gieco on the bike, have for 6 years. I haven't had any issues so far. Also, I haven't filed a claim through them either. They have always been very responsive when making policy changes at least.

My only complaint with them is that they ALWAYS refuse to put the gecko on the phone when I ask.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Have Gieco on the bike, have for 6 years. I haven't had any issues so far. Also, I haven't filed a claim through them either. They have always been very responsive when making policy changes at least.

My only complaint with them is that they ALWAYS refuse to put the gecko on the phone when I ask.
Had a large claim in 2010 - other driver was at fault. Geico had an adjuster out in 1 day, and covered everything to my satisfaction.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
650 Posts
Got Gieco on the bike and truck for a few years now, no problems so far.

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Had a little incident with a geico policy holder (cage) a few years back. They worked everything out to my satisfaction.

·
King Frog
37 Posts
Had a large claim in 2010 - other driver was at fault. Geico had an adjuster out in 1 day, and covered everything to my satisfaction.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Same here...and replaced a $2000 Taylor guitar that was damaged in the accident as well. and paid $1500 in reduced value over real costs to repair the vehicles $10K of damage. I use Markel because they were the least expensive when it came to under/uninsured coverage. But I would go with Geico in a second if I did not want such high overages. They are twice the rates of Markel who specializes in power sports.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had Geico on my pick up for 3 years and I was hit by drunk drivers one morning on my way home from work. Long story short, they found me 0% liable and the adjuster came out and wrote in for everything. I had a homemade bumper on the truck that cost me about 100 bucks in steel, and the adjuster wrote in for a new oem bumper (600$) and they sent me a check for 5500 bucks. I had it a week after accident. My rates didn't go up at all. I took the truck for an estimate and could have had it repaired for 2500 bucks. I ended up selling it as is and I made more on the truck than I bought it for 3 years before.

06 Sportster 883 Custom, straight pipes, semi apes, saddlebags, sissy bar

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I have them for everything but my homeowners. My accident earlier this year which I was 0% liable had me concerned. No rate hikes which they confirmed. Cut a check fro 2,500 for medical expenses without me asking. I'm sure they will eventually get it back from the other company. Class act as far as I am concerned.

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
What I've learned is this: It's not the insurance company so much as it's the local office handling the claim. Geico was good to me in FL but not TX. Progressive was outstanding in LA but in FL they sucked. USAA was outstanding in FL but suck in LA. Allstate is great so far but they don't offer a lot of things in LA that they do in other states... such as, vanishing deductible and good driver refund checks. But, since I have Allstate for both my houses, my truck, my car, and my bikes... I get massive discounts. Full coverage on my 07 Softail is $20 a month. Full coverage on my 2006 F250 4x4 is $90 a month. I'm 28 with a few tickets and two accidents on my record.

-Rohan

·
Village Idiot
2,300 Posts
My son got hit recently on his custom R6 by a Geico insured cage. The other driver admitted fault and Geico stepped up very quickly and took care of the repairs (and his lost wages), provided him a rental car while the bike was in for repairs and set aside $4000 for any further medical care if needed.

They seem to have gotten much better over the past few years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts