Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"MacHine"
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due my height, I use an HD Badlander seat for my 09 FHLR. On long rides, there is just not enough padding in the seat to be comfortable.

Anyone have any recommendations and/or opinions about Motorcycle Gel Seat Pads?

Jeff

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a "butt buffer" from my dealer. They are made from a dry surgical material that is pretty comfortable. also cuts way down on the swamp butt that you can get from a long ride. If you google butt buffer, you will find them. Kind of pricey.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had problems with seats on my last 2 Road Kings and I bit the bullet and bought Corbin seats. I went through 3 seats on the 09 RK before I spent the bucks for the Corbin seat. Had the stock seat, then had that reworked, then bought a HD Sundowner seat. The Corbin seats are amazing as far as I'm concerned. When you first sit on one you swear that it is going to be too hard. Wrong! They don't take long to break in and I have been known to ride 8 or more hours on one with only gas stops and I didn't get off the bike for gas (only to use the can). Too bad you can't just try one for a few days instead of gambling all that money that you will like it.
Just my 2 cents.
Grumpy

·
Retired and Lovin it
26 Posts
Gel Pad

I have a Comfort-Max Gel Pad with sheep skin cover and it's great for Longer rides.:nod It will raise you up a little but if your not vertically challenged it's not a problem. check them out they were very helpful when I got mine. Just Sayin
www.amspecialtiesusa.com

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
got a couple for my '05 rg. ain't all that impressed with em. don't think they extended my ride time any:2cents

·
Retired and Lovin it
26 Posts
Gel Pads

Might not extend your ride time but will make ride time more comfortable. I make regular day rides of 250 to 500 miles with mine and it helps my butt.:)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Looked into Lepara gel seat, but right on there site it says "GEL does not mean more cushion/comfortable" Stick with my Danny Grey...there's something called a "black hawk" seat or something like that..it's an air seat you can blow up to whats comfortable. just place over whatever seat you have and go...I have heard others say it's great

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
i had my seat recovered and gels added in .. that way i dont have anything extra to deal wtih on the bike..

most local upholsterers can do this

1 - 14 of 14 Posts