Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got em?
Looks like it could either start trouble or end it.
Wondering if any of ya all have em and how do you be sure your not using the colors that a MC might claim to be their colors?
Maybe I should just keep my 45 in its usual spot in my jacket and forget the whip. lol
Just thought they looked cool and wondering of others opinions.
I considered making one of red white and blue, just patriotic colors.

·
Try'n to behave
6,740 Posts
I have one. It's Blue and Gold to represent my Navy career.

I do not use it (nor would I) as a potential weapon, there are much better weapons out there. I use it as a source of more movement that may (or may not) be noticed by the driver of a cage...and as decoration.

As far as colors go, unless you are in a major 1% area I don't think colors of your whip are going to be a major issue. People wear red and white shirts all the time (hell, you can buy 81 support shirts and wear them). Especially if those colors match the colors of your bike, have historical meaning (family crest colors as an example), or some other reasonable explanation that can be given if called out. If you are called out on the color by a club, just let 'em take it if that's what they are after, $30 isn't worth a fight or ass beating.

Something else to consider before getting one though is know the laws for your area. Right off the top of my head, you can have one in Komifornikstan, but it has to be non-removable. Meaning it has to be "permanently attached" to the bike (not easily removed).

Decent artical:

Are Get Back Whips Legal? Everything You Should Know (motorcyclelegalfoundation.com)

·
Registered
2007 Road King Classic
119 Posts
I thought those whips were intended for dogs. I've come close to running over several bike chasing dogs. Tailgating cages are a bigger problem a leather whip won't solve. I may fill a balloon or plastic bottle with piss and toss it over my shoulder for the next tailgater. 🤔

·
weird member
1997 Softail Custom (FXSTC)
4,333 Posts
I thought those whips were intended for dogs. I've come close to running over several bike chasing dogs. Tailgating cages are a bigger problem a leather whip won't solve. I may fill a balloon or plastic bottle with piss and toss it over my shoulder for the next tailgater. 🤔
Glass marbles will crack a windshield and shatter themselves, leaving no evidence behind... :whistle: 🎶

·
Try'n to behave
6,740 Posts
I spit a mouthful of dip spit over my shoulder. That stuff will eat paint if not cleaned off.

Come to think of it, a balloon filled with brake fluid would also cause serious paint issues. :unsure:

• Wow
Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just happened to see the whip when reading some material about motorcycle clubs around my area. I have no need for a whip, just the first time I had heard of them.

·
Asylum Inmate
13,641 Posts
Have on Red and Gold for USMC.

Just a decoration for me, I like it flying while I am driving. For a long time I rode with a handkerchief ties on the mirror.

Was taught that be my uncle, he was full patch Grimreaper MC. He and his friends taught me the rules about motorbikes and riding. In those days motorcycle riders were considered beatnecks. And cars thought they could run you off the road, the whip started showing up as a way to ensure your rights of way was not taken from you and it was an instant weapon.

But the difference between those whips and these decoration whips now is no lead slug in the dangling end!

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts