Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spinal implant that is.
Going in July 2nd. This will be the second one in about 5 years. They have to do the one below the previously fused ones. Possibly going to do the one above as well. Not sure yet.
There goes this summer's trips on the scooter but it looks like my fishing time just increased. My daughter will like that.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Thank Goodness you still get to fish (the no riding sux)..... Good luck.

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Good luck man. Hope everything goes smoothly, and your recovery is a fast one. :thumbsup

No riding does suck, but on the bright side, fishing time increased, so I can't see anything wrong with that. LOL

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Wishing you a fast recovery! We don't want you having to ride a Can-Am.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the well wishes!
No Can-am but I do see a windshield/fairing in my future.
In 40 years of riding (29 on the street) I have never owned a bike with one.
May be time for a RoadGlide?
I'd add a windshield to my Softail but I can't find one I like the looks of. Form may have to take a back seat to function.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
Daddy, we're all thinking about you and pulling for you. Sucky chapter in your book, but I'm sure it has a happy ending. Road Glide would be kick ass. Do what you're told so you get better fast.

You have my prayers, brother.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Daddy, we're all thinking about you and pulling for you. Sucky chapter in your book, but I'm sure it has a happy ending. Road Glide would be kick ass. Do what you're told so you get better fast.

You have my prayers, brother.
Do me a favor and never call him "Daddy" again.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
482 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
"Labs" it is!

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hahahaha...... I went through this in 08 and it all went well. They told me then that I'd be looking at another one in about 5 years. Guess they were right.
Not being able to drive for 3 weeks sucked then and will again but the end result will be worth it. I work above my head about 50% of the time and bent into an engine compartment or twisted around up under a dash the rest of the time it seems.

I got instant relief in 08 and I hope the same thing happens this time.
Recovery time should be about 12-15 weeks and I have short term disability insurance as well as long term if needed.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Take care Daddy, ops I mean Bro!! May you catch many fish and enjoy time with your dauther on the road back to riding!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck with the surgery! A jacked up back is no fun whatsoever!!! I hope for you to have quick healing and relief from the pain!!

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Good luck Mike and a speedy recovery...hope all goes well..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts