Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In September I am taking my 2012 FLHX to the dealership to make a deal on a 2015 Ultra Limited. So I need opinions on accessories.
I have added a tour pak with 4 point quik disconnect and lowered with Burly Slammers. I know I won't get any of my money back for my accessories from the dealer on trade in.
If you were in my boots, would you remove the trunk and suspension or leave it and trade as is?

Anyone know if the quik disconnect will work on the 2015?

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I'd strip everything I could because you're correct. The dealership will not begin to approach the value of the extra items.

The TP is very easy to remove and you can get good money for it.

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
What`s been said. You won`t get any x-tra on the trade in. But the Dealer will up their asking price because of the x-tras.
Strange how that works......

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Strip it.

I even pulled my Derby and Timing cover off my bike before I traded. In fact I forgot to do it before I got to the dealer and they did it for me.

·
Registered
710 Posts
In September I am taking my 2012 FLHX to the dealership to make a deal on a 2015 Ultra Limited. So I need opinions on accessories.
I have added a tour pak with 4 point quik disconnect and lowered with Burly Slammers. I know I won't get any of my money back for my accessories from the dealer on trade in.
If you were in my boots, would you remove the trunk and suspension or leave it and trade as is?

Strip it and sell it don't give it away. Call the dealer on the docking station they will know

·
Registered
66 Posts

Will the 2012 Tour Pak fit my 2014 FLHX? If it will and it's vivid black I might be interested.

·
Registered
119 Posts
2012 tour pack with detachable tour pack rack, 2 up will fit. you do have to buy a docking kit though for the 2014 up.

and no the docking kit for 2013 and earlier will not work on the 2014 and up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
2012 tour pack with detachable tour pack rack, 2 up will fit. you do have to buy a docking kit though for the 2014 up.

and no the docking kit for 2013 and earlier will not work on the 2014 and up.
Thanks! I already have the 4 Point docking kit installed on the bike. Just wasn't sure if the 2012 tour pak would fit a 2014 docking kit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts