Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

Just decided to join up to this forum. While we have others in Australia I thought it proper to get onto the Real HD forum at last.

I live in a place called Surfers Paradise in Australia which is our premium beach resort. half a million people. I am recently retired and spen my time riding as much as I can.

Current ride is an 08 Ultra Classic. Previous bikes I have owned

07 Road King Classic
04 Ultra Classic (100th anniversary model)

My brother and I spent 4 months riding in the states in summer of 07 and purchased 06 Ultras while there which we sold back to the dealer before we left.
We managed to do about 20000miles in that time and visited 38 states. If you are HOG members you may have seen that I won the 07 ABCs of touring prize with my brother coming second.(enough of the braggings hey?)

This June 4 of us are coming to the states again for four weeks. We will be riding La to Sturgis and back to Vegas. Going through Zion, Bryce Canyon etc COlorado. Back through Albuquerque, Route 66 Grand Canyon etc

great to be here and looking foreward to posting often and reading some good stories. I will also be looking for any advice on where we plan to travel this June.:thumb

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Good to have you here. Have seen images of the ABC winners in the Hogtales magazine. Probably saw your pic. You sound like you know where you're going on your trip this June. If you want any Utah / Colorado suggestions let me know. Had a great time touring NSW several years ago.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Yo Wombat, Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got quite the life. I was wondering was it cheaper to buy and then resell as opposed to renting?

·
Banned
655 Posts
Wow Wombat - when I retire I want to be able to tell someone a story about my life and the things I have done that are 1/4 of what you have. LOL That is awesome. sfarson -if you are in Colorado - he must know some awesome places - some of the pictures he has posted are incredible and I am sure he could hook you up with some great rides. Glad you found us here and look forward to hearing from you. Great site here. Lots of tech support and some laughs along the way. Welcome from Missouri !!! Loretta

·
What?
3,256 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like you have a great trip planned. I'm a bit jealous.

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Damn, I wanna go! I can't wait till I can go to sturgis, but I really don't think I want to go durring the rally. I have a cousin that goes every few years and has som incredible pics of some of the scenery. My uncle went out there a couple of years ago (not on a bike, just a family vacation) he took pics of a lot of the landscape, I think it would be an awesome experience to ride out there and take it all in

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome (I believe the 03's were the 10oth Anniversary models though)

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome have a safe ride and enjoy the summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good to have you here. Have seen images of the ABC winners in the Hogtales magazine. Probably saw your pic. You sound like you know where you're going on your trip this June. If you want any Utah / Colorado suggestions let me know. Had a great time touring NSW several years ago.
yep that's me under the city sign for Angels Camp in CA. Page 22(just happen to have a few copies lying around for bragging rights.
Always welcome any suggestions for the trip though. Doing Zion and Bryce again but also Canyonlands and Arches which we missed last time.:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yo Wombat, Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you got quite the life. I was wondering was it cheaper to buy and then resell as opposed to renting?
Because we were away for 4 months it was cheaper to Buy and resell. this time it is less than 4 weeks so it works out best to rent

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow Wombat - when I retire I want to be able to tell someone a story about my life and the things I have done that are 1/4 of what you have. LOL That is awesome. sfarson -if you are in Colorado - he must know some awesome places - some of the pictures he has posted are incredible and I am sure he could hook you up with some great rides. Glad you found us here and look forward to hearing from you. Great site here. Lots of tech support and some laughs along the way. Welcome from Missouri !!! Loretta
Hi Loretta, thanks for the welcome.
Missouri hey, one of the states we unfortunatley didn't visit......but we will eventually. Plan to ride ALL states and Canadian provinces during my retirement.:nod

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

1 - 18 of 18 Posts