Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a car/bike show coming up in mid Sept, and I plan to enter my 48. It's a Base event, I'm sure it will be open to the public, but I am willing to bet most of the competition will be AF personnel.
I'll have about 2k worth of after market action on the bike by then (sadly still waiting on my exhaust), and I feel like the bike will stand out and at least win best in class.

Just curious if any of you have entered and/or won any shows with your scoots. Any advice?

There are a handful of sporties on base, if I had to guess I'd say between 10 & 20. From what I've seen, only one or two of them have noticeable changes. Sadly I feel like aesthetically, exhaust is kind of the centerpiece of a bike...and if not, it surely is the first thing I notice.

ehh I could care less in the long run if i win, I'm doing it for the experience of it and there's no money prize. BUT, I am pretty competitive.

If you have won anything at a show, I'd love to hear about it and see the bike!

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Best of luck to you... From the shows that I've entered, it seems that paint is the one thing that sticks out the most. A dazzling paint job will do great in any show around here. But it depends on the judges. If they are fellow bikers that have an understanding of bikes other than the one that has the prettiest paint job. But around here the judges are usually people who know nothing about bikes, so the one that has the snazziest paint wins. Hope you do great and get some pics of the trophy!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Best of luck to you... From the shows that I've entered, it seems that paint is the one thing that sticks out the most. A dazzling paint job will do great in any show around here. But it depends on the judges. If they are fellow bikers that have an understanding of bikes other than the one that has the prettiest paint job. But around here the judges are usually people who know nothing about bikes, so the one that has the snazziest paint wins. Hope you do great and get some pics of the trophy!!
I was afraid of that too...My 48 is plain ol' gloss black, and there are 2 48's I've seen on base with the Hard Candy Customs metal flake paint. Granted its a factory option, and nothing special...it does look nice on the bikes and if you don't know crap about Harleys, you might ohh and ahh.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tommy, got pics?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I do have pictures from last week, but I haven't taken any as parts come in and go on little by little. I'll post some early next week, she should be "finished" for now. I use quotes because it won't be any were near finished, just probably as good as she'll be for the show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts