Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can use some opinions. I'm thinking of going from my 2007 650 Classic to a 2008 Heritage. What can I expect do be the differences between the 2. What are the pro's and con's. Is the weight really that big of a deal? THANKS

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
That's like going from Michelle Obama to Kate Upton!
It's a no brainer, there are no cons in that situation!

·
Registered
10,851 Posts
I can use some opinions. I'm thinking of going from my 2007 650 Classic to a 2008 Heritage. What can I expect do be the differences between the 2. What are the pro's and con's. Is the weight really that big of a deal? THANKS
You will immediately fall in love with the torque of the Heritage, even in 6th gear, out on the interstate. Even better if you have cruise control. You will never look back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the 08 Anniversary, that copper color looks great. I have never road a heavier bike but I'm pretty comfortable in riding for the most part.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,327 Posts
The Heritage is very nimble. It's 250# heavier than my sportster was and I absolutely do not notice the increase. I keep scraping the floor boards (pegs) because I'm still used to the sportster and I like to take a tight turn.

It handles fine even with the scrape. Fortunately they fold up when needed. I just feel the vibration in my foot and hear the sound. (startling at first but the bike tracks without interruption)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talked to a guy I know at Harley of Sacramento and making arrangements to finally test ride a Heritage, I hope to do this before I go on vacation but if not It will happen when I get back.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just do it, you'll never look back.

My wife has a 2007 650 Classic and I ride it occasionally.

Night and day. The Yammerhammer is fun, the HD is spiritual. The transition is seamless (weight will not be a factor) and you'll never look back.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
my first harley was a 93 heritage. after riding metrics for 25 years it was an easy transition. the extra weight was not a factor other than it made for a comfortable ride. its a whole different experience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have 2 650's in the garage but my wife would prefer me to get rid of both then get the Harley. I think she believes I'll clutter the garage with motorcycles. LOL Now just to sell both and I'm off and running.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I started riding a 97 heritage after only riding dirt bikes as a kid. I wish I could have
afforded it sooner I'm loving it so much I told the wife I'm buying a new one in a year or so. You won't regret it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts