Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 trike has been in the shop 5 times in the last 5 weeks. She has oil drippen and Blowing on chrome and paint. Only got less than 24K. Now this bike is a couple, 3 months, out of warranty but I have been reporting to the Service manager during breakin that I was using a QT. of oil per thousand miles. And Then at about 10K I got this smoke gray haze on the chrome Twice and after that came the oil out the intake. PFM. But the shop has picked up the tab trying to fix. Milwaukee is sharing tech, info to the shop.

I guess I have 2 Roads. To try to ride the tide. OR Give it back to Harley

FREE SHOT WITH FEED BACK

Thankx
Dave

·
Registered
42,150 Posts
Well, it sounds like they are making the effort to make it right.

Looking at it in a positive light, IF it does take an extended amount of time to troubleshoot and fix, it will be over the winter months.

·
American
28,694 Posts
If HD is trying to make it right I would ride that wave. Sounds like you have a good dealership! That is a good thing!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,966 Posts
Good to hear, Dave. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
490 Posts
And name the dealer! That's a place worth doing business with...

·
Hard Member
3,255 Posts
If they are willing to help, think about getting another extended warranty to cover the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Probably something as simple as a new set of rings/fresh hone, or valve seals.
Certainly would need to be checked to see if more.
Scott

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Probably something as simple as a new set of rings/fresh hone, or valve seals.
Certainly would need to be checked to see if more.
Scott
That's why I asked. Hope they aren't just guessing and throwing a bunch of stuff at it and then it's still broken!

We don't normally tear an engine down and "do a top end job" until after we know what is wrong with it!

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
That's why I asked. Hope they aren't just guessing and throwing a bunch of stuff at it and then it's still broken!

We don't normally tear an engine down and "do a top end job" until after we know what is wrong with it!
Although they ARE working in your behalf, it sounds like they do not know the base cause and are at the final "throwing parts" at it stage.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Sounds good to me. Glad you've got the dealer working with you. Let us all know how the trike runs, when you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

That s what they are going to Do...and I if this still blows oil I will push the Federal Lemon law,

Will Keep advised.
Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts