Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yup...just pulled the trigger on a Dyna Glide Wide :eek

Right now I'm riding a Honda Shadow Spirit 750 but decided it was time to upgrade to a real bike. The Honda is nice but a little under powered and a bit light on the freeway.

Hope to be collecting my 2006 FXDWGi next week.....excited much!!

First thing I'll be doing though is changing the pipes...I have to say I hate the stock ones. Haven't decided yet but either VH Big Radius 2 into 2, or maybe the Cobra Street Rods that I put on my Honda.

any advice either way would be good.

I'l be back with a ton of questions soon

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Congrats!!!!! Pics or it didn't happen!!!!

I prefer the V&H myself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yep congrats. Check out the Drag Specialties Python staggered duals. They look and sound great on my 04 Low Rider.

·
2015 Heritage
474 Posts
Good for you. New bike.
Be safe and enjoy.

I also have V&H (longshot staggered). Sound great.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
everyday I look again and just can't decide...I pick one and then the next day, I change my mind again...

These

or these

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
If you have to pick between the two. #1.

But I'd consider

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Personally, I like #2 (not THAT #2!). I'm not in to the swept pipes like #1. Sometimes they fit the bike like one of the newer style stretched choppers.

·
Registered
365 Posts
everyday I look again and just can't decide...I pick one and then the next day, I change my mind again...

These

Have these on my St. Bob. Absolutely luv the sound they produce. Not overly loud unless you are getting right into the throttle hard, then they bark beautifully. Also love the way they look on my bike to boot. Cant go wrong with these...Now, I hope you are at least putting a Big Air Kit of your choosing, n download or fuel management system (with auto-tune if can swing it) on with your pipes so u get proper performance n not just different sound. Bigger exhaust means more air can flow thru, n at least a download is needed for it all to work together properly for best sound and performance. just my $.02 (worth less than .01,lol)...

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Try some Milwaukee Twins Long & Low 2 into 2's . Beautiful set of pipes sold by J&P Cycle Parts .They will make your Wide Glide sound like an ole-school Harley !

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I went with option 1. right now I'm not changing air filter, and I read that the V&H FuelPak isn't legal for sale or use in CA

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you are not going to do the fuel pak you might want to have the stock ECM tweeked to fit the pipes as they are way more high flow than the stock ones. California liberal laws are so stupid.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well...picking up the bike tomorrow morning...I will not be able to sleep tonight. The new pipes will go on tis weekend and then I'll find a place that can do some tuning.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,334 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts