Harley Davidson Forums banner

Will You Ride This Winter?

• Yes, I'm up in the wintry north and will get out when I can

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • No, I'm up in the wintry north... forget it!

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Yes, I'm where there's some winter, and some days not so bad, and I'll get out

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • No, I'm where there's some winter... forget it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I'm in the south, will ride often, and will try to be sensitive to your symptoms of PMS

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • No, I'm in the south and in the spirit of unity with the north will put the keys away until spring

Votes: 1 3.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
No salt or snow and I'll be out. Our chapter has a Chilly Chili ride scheduled for 1/1/08.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I love the last choice but I live in the wintery north and I ride when ever it is above 32 degrees. Yesterday it dipped down below freezing and I had to get home so I broke my own rule and rode at 29 degrees keeping a careful eye out for ice.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
We are just coming into good riding weather where I live.
Finally get a chance to wear my jacket.:D

Ride safe,
Vettster

·
COB
1,984 Posts
No bike!

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Call me chicken, soft, wimp, whatever!!!! No, just simply no because it is winter and too darn cold.

I was in absolute awe of a handful of PGR folks I saw yesterday in 36 degree windy Western NY weather. God bless them for sure!:notw:

·
COB
1,984 Posts
You soft chicken-wimp.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
YES, this winter I will be out a lot more than before. Thanks to my new Gerbing heated gear. 35 degrees tomorrow morning, and 9:00 I will be easing out the driveway. Thank you Mr. Gerbing for your concern for riders. It is great to find a product these days that are worth the money.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
For most of my motorcycling days I have ridden hard core but to tell the truth I am enjoying living in a place that forces you to stop riding for a month or two. First of all it gives me time to get some things done to the bike without worrying about missing any important event and secondly the break makes me appreciate riding more.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Call me chicken, soft, wimp, whatever!!!! No, just simply no because it is winter and too darn cold.

I was in absolute awe of a handful of PGR folks I saw yesterday in 36 degree windy Western NY weather. God bless them for sure!:notw:
Lil... Reminds me of the observation, perhaps shared here before... that "cold is when the temperature is below your age!"

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Yeah right.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Lil... Reminds me of the observation, perhaps shared here before... that "cold is when the temperature is below your age!"
UhOh! That only makes the riding season shorter!
:rofl:

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For most of my motorcycling days I have ridden hard core but to tell the truth I am enjoying living in a place that forces you to stop riding for a month or two. First of all it gives me time to get some things done to the bike without worrying about missing any important event and secondly the break makes me appreciate riding more.
Agree. When the privilege is granted continuosly it can easily be taken for granted.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Geez Steve, you are really into the philosophy today. You are going to ruin our reps and knuckle dragging mouth-breathers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts