Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have bailed me out on a couple of issues. Thought I'd join, maybe I'll be able to help someone someday. I ride a 2005 Ultra Classic, like to get more riding in but pretty warm down here these days. :)

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,213 Posts
Welcome aboard mate.
I don't think the temps here in Dallas compare, but 106 in traffic is tough enough for me,
Couple of years back I had 4 Blue Ice freezer packs the size of a pack of playing cards
that I put in all 4 front pockets of a mesh jacket. Worked pretty well for an hour commute.

Monumentally stupid that nobody makes any shiny silver hot weather riding gear.
I'm thinking about spray painting my $150 mesh jacket. It's not washable anyway. Why not?
No big loss if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everybody

I have better pics of the bike, just can't find em right now. Getting old :) Need one of those silver suits down here, Tucson does get warm in the summer.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Welcome as with jet. BTW, came across six riders from AZ pausing at my neighborhood gas station two days ago on their way to Sturgis. Temps were a scorching 86 degrees at my altitude, but they had no problem with that :).

·
its rusting
429 Posts
i don't mind the heat -- it's just the rains filling up the washes on the backroads (and my lack of off-duty rain gear) that kept me from riding as much out here in cochise county

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
born, Wilcox. growed up, Cochise. left for the Corps, rarely get back. Pretty crowded now, so I can get that anywhere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts