Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Justin Paul
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 StreetGlide. And I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm done paying Harley Davidson Maintnance prices. Does anyone have a link or even a Maintnance schedule. I'd prefer to do my own work anyways. That way I know it gets done right the first time. And if something goes wrong then I can't blame anyone but myself. Lets see what y'all got on this matter.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
ya i do if i can find it ill post it. oh ya its auto vip
just google it i also have one in pdf some place. but i use the auto vip
you down load it and start putting in your info .

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,355 Posts
Buy the service manual. The schedule is in there along with step-by-step instructions to get you through it. You won't regret the investment.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
The genuine HD service manual is the way to go.

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
Another vote here for getting the Service Manual. Your dealer should have it in stock (at least mine did for 2012 Touring Models and I bought mine two months ago.)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Good choice, I made the same decision a few months ago.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Get your essential tools in a good, quality brand. Nothing sucks worse than a rounded fastener and nothing rounds them worse than cheap tools.

And +1 on the manual.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I have a spiral bound book, everytime I do something to the bike I record the mileage and what I did. As everyone as already said.. HD manuals only.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
I have a spiral bound book, everytime I do something to the bike I record the mileage and what I did. As everyone as already said.. HD manuals only.
I should do that but I'd lose the notebook.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
Your 1st maintenance done your self alone will pay for the manual.

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
I took delivery of my 2013 RGC last November, believe it was on the 10th. Had already purchased the 2013 Touring Models service manual shortly before I picked up my bike so you shouldn't have any trouble getting one for a 2013.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,355 Posts
One other thing, save your receipt for oil, filters, and needed parts you use in case a warranty claim comes up later. I have a computer spreadsheet I created for each scheduled maintenance that follows the book item for item. I just staple the receipts to each one as I go and keep a folder in the file cabinet.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I should do that but I'd lose the notebook.
Just tape a piece of loose leaf inside the cover of your service manual. Or, just write it in the manual itself. There are few blank pages in it, or you can write on the inside cover.

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
I also got the Parts Manual cause it has great exploded views of all the subassemblies too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts