Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Insurance Company Allianz in UK has said today it will increase insurance payments for people convicted of using a mobile phone while driving by 30%.

Good move.

·
Registered
40,772 Posts
Maybe I dont get it...

People were talking on their cell phone, they were too busy yapping instead of paying attention to the road and got into an accident, now theyre getting money out of the deal?

This is a good thing?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Thats Great news. Text messaging should be double fines. Third offense you lose your licsense or let an angry mob of bikers have their way with them.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Maybe I dont get it...

People were talking on their cell phone, they were too busy yapping instead of paying attention to the road and got into an accident, now theyre getting money out of the deal?

This is a good thing?
I think he meant premiums.

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
Maybe I dont get it...

This is a good thing?
Those who were convicted are going to have to pay 30% higher premiums.

·
Registered
40,772 Posts
Aah ok, that makes sense. I was afraid somehow Kommiefornia's political system was spreading beyond its borders....

I gotta get outta this place!

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aah ok, that makes sense. I was afraid somehow Kommiefornia's political system was spreading beyond its borders....

I gotta get outta this place!
The law has just been changed. Initially, using a mobile was subject to a $30 fine.

Now, it's a $60 dollar fine and 3 points on your license. 12 gets you banned for a year.

In addition, using a hands-free phone (not illegal) can get you convicted of 'careless driving' if the police officer believes you are not in proper control of your vehicle. This gets you up to a $1000 fine and 3 points.

Recent research suggests that people using a mobile phone are more dangerous than drivers with twice the legal limit of alcohol in their blood. That is, they get into more accidents.

So the obvious conclusion is - drink, don't talk :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
What does the application-of-makeup-while-driving get you? :D
It depends on whether or not you are also talking on your cell phone.:rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What does the application-of-makeup-while-driving get you? :D
Driving without due care and attention.

$1000 and 3 points.

So does eating an apple while driving.

·
its rusting
429 Posts
better imo is to rig cellphones to be inoperable when moving more than 2 mph -- hands free, bluetoothed or otherwise.

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
better imo is to rig cellphones to be inoperable when moving more than 2 mph -- hands free, bluetoothed or otherwise.
That is an excellent idea. The navigation system in my truck is set up to where you cannot change anything while the vehicle is moving.

Of course, someone sells a kit to bypass this feature.:eek:

·
its rusting
429 Posts
then i guess it all boils down to discipline... CB radios have been around even longer, but gets nowhere near the flak cellphones have for road safety

1 - 16 of 16 Posts