Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title says, I’m looking for a pair of riding shoes that are pretty tough and comfortable. I have some good boots but, I like thought of having a sneaker style for riding. Especially now that the scoot has become my daily transport. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,896 Posts
Another vote for stick with the boots. They are a safety item for you as a rider. Just imagine some idiot forcing you off the road of just down and you go sliding down the concrete or asphalt. Last thin in the world you want is to give up a lot of skin to that pavement especially off of your feet after the shoes came off as soon as your slide starts which would add lots of pain to the event. And for the record, hope you never have to prove my theory.

·
Registered
2007 Ultra Classic (Sophie) vivid black
124 Posts
Live for the ride, dress for the slide.
People I work with call me the demented Mr Rogers. I show up in leather, boots, and gloves. Change to office casual as soon as I get there, then change again when I leave. When it's really hot I will back off of the leather a little bit, but always have boots, gloves, and a skid lid.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Guess I’m sticking with my boots.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wear Dianese/Taichi/Stylemartin riding high sneakers. Great ankle support, Heel/toe shell, Hold up pretty well and are super comfy, I wear them at work, on my feet 60% of the 10 hour shift.

·
Registered
2005 Road King Classic
13 Posts

These just came in two days ago. I feel like they're a comfortable middle ground between boots and shoes, moreso on the boot side, though. I'm in love with them. You can find some with more padding on them, especially around the ankles.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Well like the title says, I’m looking for a pair of riding shoes that are pretty tough and comfortable. I have some good boots but, I like thought of having a sneaker style for riding. Especially now that the scoot has become my daily transport. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
I am now sporting a steel plate in my ankle for not wearing boots. I wear them now EVERY time I ride.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand why you would want boots. I’m not new to riding been doing so for about 40 years now. Been down on road bikes, many times on dirt bikes. Hopefully no more rides on my side or back. I was asking about a shoe that is comfortable but, also protective. Not just a plain sneaker, I have those and don’t use them when I ride.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Nice pair of gloves or half gloves, if you fall your hands always hit first, trust me I know. Your feet are also important dont skimp out on sneakers.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,778 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
The rule that I grew up with was to never pay more than a day's wages for a hat or a week's wages for a pair of boots.

We never wore shoes unless it was gym class.

You see, everything here that moves bites, stings, or pokes. Mesquite, cactus, horse cripplers. Even the plants are honery. Don't get me started on rattlesnakes.

So why boots and a broad brim hat? Is it just Texas pride? Nope, it comes with the appreciation and RESPECT of what we have to face daily.

I'm talking the time to walk you through this because you wearing shoes on a motorcycle is like me working my operation here in stocking feet...or barefoot.

If I were a doctor I'd prescribe a pair of Lucchese elephant hide boots with a walking heel and rubber soles. Go somewhere that knows how to fit a pair of fine boots.

The problem that I see is that most guys have never spent a week's wages on a pair of good boots. Cheap boots are like cheap helmets. They might "work" but few really like them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Boots! I just bought a pair from Xelement Steel toe engineer boots. Comfortable enough to walk in. This after wearing Chippewa's for years. $130.00 vs. $250. for the Chippewa's. So far so good. remember that you have a lot of small bones in your feet. They break easy. I speak from experience.

·
Registered
71 Posts

These are the most comfortable boot I've ever worn. I'm on my third pair.

Great for riding and everyday wear, canvas upper like tennis shoes with rubber sole.

These are my leather pair for winter wear.

Always wear boots to ride. Stay safe.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
66 those are nice! Unfortunately not a lot of choices in my size right now.. sold out. But I will definitely keep checking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts