Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is very strange. I installed a Gorilla alarm on my Street Bob recently, and was somewhat happy with it. I say "somewhat", as the shock alarm function would only activate if I grabbed the sissy bar and manhandled the bike like I was Tor Johnson or something, even with the alarm on its highest sensitivity. Anyway, the tilt alarm worked as it should, so I wasn't really that put out about it.

Fast forward a couple of weeks. My wife calls me to tell me that the shock alarm is going off constantly, and the neighbors are gathering torches and pitchforks. Being as I'm out of town with the only fob, I told her where the alarm connection was, and to just unplug it. When I got back later in the day, I rehooked the alarm, and could not set it off without another wrestling match.

Fast forward again to that evening, and the alarm was indeed going off repeatedly for no apparent reason--with the bike just sitting there, not even any wind blowing on it. So I disabled the shock alarm function with the fob, just leaving the tilt alarm, which will have to do, I guess.

All I can figure is that the aliens are sending some sort of beam from the Andromeda Galaxy or something, and that an invasion is imminent. So be careful out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had 2 different Gorilla alarms and was happy with them.They did what they were supposed to do. I would call them and see what they say.
I wanted to make a simple alarm that would blow the horn if the bike was lifted off the stand.simple huh,except I couldnt buy a position senstive switch anywhere. WTF? probably a homeland security or some other paranoid nonsense.
I had one Gorrila with the pager and it worked well too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts