1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I'm not sure if I should call it a barn find or a basket case but it will be a good winter project. It came with 5 large totes of extra parts, I think from a few different bikes. '82 FLH. My best guess is it hasn't been on the road since around 2002.

·
Registered
964 Posts
That bike looks like its gonna be fun to work on and ride! LOVE it

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,598 Posts
What are those things in the exhaust??

·
Registered
35 Posts
In the first 2 pictures it looks like purple and silver two tone. The last one looks more burgundy and silver. Either way it looks like fun.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
RJ64, those are the muffler attach brackets. At first glance, I thought they were saddlebag brackets, but they are inboard the exhaust pipes, and it has soft bag brackets on it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't quite pin the color down either, looks different in different light. The first two pictures are before I hosed it off so it had a lot of dust on it. The bike belonged to a buddy of mine, he'd been trying to give it to me for a couple years then the cancer took him in May. His wife finally called and asked if I was gonna get it out of her way. I plan on it being a memorial to him.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a brother just passed with cancer also he had a basket case but we got it back together and he rode it about50 miles before he couldn't hold it up.Dick his aka.. he's up there with you bro. Still kicking ass and taking names
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
ableman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts