Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, me and my brother in law are pretty tight. I have had his back on several differant occasions. There are times when i saved his ass. He bought a Yamaha Road Star, which he has a friend that has one. They want to poke fun, a bag of oil dry next to my Harley. Im not the type to say its Harley or its not a bike, but this shits getting old. Any suggestions on how i should handle it. I have never owned anything but a Harley. I hate to be an ass but if Harley wasnt the best why would they feel inferior.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
You're bike and his bike are both fine scoots. If he doesn't see that, it's a reflection on him. I'm not sure you'll help him with whatever insecurity that makes him think his bike is superior to yours or any other. Maybe you can just remind him that WHAT we ride is not nearly as important than THAT we ride.

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
I don't have time for that crap. Hell I'd show up on a moped. Man if you're having fun that's all that matters. That's the problem with poker runs you can't screen out the idiots.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Union Ironworker
185 Posts
ask him how much he plans to get back on his purchase price when he decides to trade it in or sell it.....then tell him how much your Harley will be worth if you decide to do the same.....pretty lame that he rides rice and can't appreciate where the idea for his bike came from, what is it they say? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....I never bash other peoples choice of ride, he should graduate from elementary school and grow up....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I told a, use to be a friend last year. Its what u want to ride. u buy what u want. He bought a victory and a year later I bought a 2012 street glide. That what I wanted. He wanted a v.... Well he told his wife I dogged him about the v. When I didn't. U buy what u want, and ride what u want, I know I ride a HARLEY. That it. As long as u are in joying the ride that's all that matters. Ill ride with any one that wants to ride. But I'll look better. Lol.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
38,934 Posts
Stick a bag of fish heads next to his bike, with a note that says "next time I just punch you in the mouth".

·
Registered
951 Posts
Think I would just tell him straight up to knock it off..............That it was no longer funny and your patience was wearing thin.

·
Try'n to behave
5,861 Posts
Go get a pound of stripper dust and sprinkle his bike. I would say put it in his exhaust, but I wouldn't want to actually damage his ride....that and your bike might be parked behind him when he fires it off.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,082 Posts
Think I would just tell him straight up to knock it off..............That it was no longer funny and your patience was wearing thin.
I like this option as a starting point. That and use the oil dry to sweep your garage floor.

If it doesn't work, Go this route.

Stick a bag of fish heads next to his bike, with a note that says "next time I just punch you in the mouth".

·
Registered
13 Posts
Tell him you didn't really appreciate the 8th grade humor when you were in the 8th grade, and you sure don't now. Like someone else said......tell him to grow up!

·
Ride Hard
802 Posts
ask him how much he plans to get back on his purchase price when he decides to trade it in or sell it.....then tell him how much your Harley will be worth if you decide to do the same.....pretty lame that he rides rice and can't appreciate where the idea for his bike came from, what is it they say? imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....I never bash other peoples choice of ride, he should graduate from elementary school and grow up....
Here the deal it took a few years before I could afford the Harley of my dreams. Not everyone can afford a bagger nor do they want to ride a sporty or an older used bike with high maintenance cost. Dig a little deeper and look at the tag on American Made Harley riding gear and don't let the rice burn your back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts