Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2008 street bob. the bike is super clean but has NO turn signals. it has a tail light/ brake light that only works on the rear brake, which doesnt really bother me. is anyone running a "custom" turn signal setup? i have custom bars that look super clean without the turn signal switches, but i'm tired of getting pulled over. as far as the turn signals go, i got that covered. i'm just needing some input on what to do about a turn signal switch. any recommended switches? i'm not crazy about dropping 150 buck for a PM switch. i dont NEED anything for a horn, dimmer, or starter. i have the lights on a small toggle switch that controls the bright/dim and the started is on a push button. would a 3 position switch work for the turn signals? something like this? Universal Toggle Switch | ZZ37015 | J&P Cycles

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Use a on-off-on toggle switch, and a cheap auto store flasher.

The JP switch doesn't say if it's a center off or not, but they are available. Also you most likely need a 1-inch bar size.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
If you use LEDs you could use one of those mini momentary contact switches with a Badlands TSM.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. yeah i'm thinking the 3 way toggle switch is the way to go. just hard to find a switch in a decent looking housing for a 1 inch bar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your going to use a toggle maybe mount it somewhere besides the bars?
i actually thought of that since it's kinda hard to find a 3 position switch that mounts on the bars. any suggestions on where to mount it? i just dont want it to be super awkward to use turn signals when i'm trying to flip the switch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and obviously i'd need something like the badlands module right, or would a flasher relay work the same? all i need is turn signals. the badlands module seem awesome, but i dont need something that controls ALL the lights, so it seems a little over kill for my needs.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
The flasher will work with LEDs if you use ballast resistors in the light circuit. The flasher needs to see enough load to work correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts