Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back in August I bought an 08' Yamaha Road Star and immediately fell in love with it. I bought bags, windshield, backrest, crash bar and luggage rack and had it set up exactly the way I wanted. It is smooth, powerful and huge but...........something was missing.

There is a local second hand bike dealer that obviously makes large purchases of used, rented or traded American bikes and often keeps an inventory of 40 or so bikes. I was browsing their web site the other day and found an 04' Heritage Classic with 4,100 miles in great condition. I went to look at it and wouldn't you know, I fell in love and found $13,000 that we didn't know we had. :woo Pictures aren't possible yet but it's pearl white, bags, shield, Long Shots, Diamond Plate foot boards, brake and shift petals, passenger pegs and grips. The crash bar pegs also match. Ooops, I forgot the Stage 1 Air filter. Wow, a much better ride than the Sportster that I used to own.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I look forward to the ride it offers. The saddle is much more comfortable than my Road Star. I can hear a tappet click on the front so maybe a valve adjustment will be necessary in the spring. I did find a repaired rear turn signal and bar where the previous owner must have backed into something but that's no more than $100 if I do it myself. The valve cover gasket is weeping a bit but nothing major. The valve adjustment will take care of that with a new gasket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pfffft......yer from PA...... whatda you know..... :D

Welcome and looking forward to pics. You're right next to the plant!! Figured you'd be riding an HD already!! Town requirement!!
I'm about 5 to 6 miles west of the plant. Oh yea, if you're riding a metric anything around here, you better stop for a beer at Olive Garden. I've always been into the metrics since childhood in Baltimore and after a 10 year hiatus, bought a Sportster. I'm 6'1" and at 220 lb, I looked like a circus act on it. I loved the sound but knew the ride would always be similar, regardless of the model. I dumped it for a Suzuki 1500 and after seeing it sit in the garage too much, sold it. I got the itch again and bought the Road Star but loved the classic looks of the Heritage. I found this one and couldn't resist. I'm going out for pics today so you'al will see it soon.
Where in Pa. are you Dave?

Gordon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts