Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my mid season project finished. What started out as an effort to use an iPod ended up being a decent sized ordeal.

I had bad luck with a factory integrated iPod controller, and because the factory HU sounded so bad anyway, I went full replacement.

The HU is a Pioneer DEH X9600BHS.
It drives a soundstream 4x80w RMS for the rears and lowers. The front mains are powered by a second soundstream 2x175w RMS.

I converted to 6.5" lower fairing pods and added a second set of kappa 692.11 coaxials.

I converted the rear pods to 6.5" also using infinity primus speakers.

I had to get the lowers painted so I had my inner and cap done as well. The paint turned out really shitty, and after a heated conversation, the painter and I decided to part ways. I was going to have it all redone, but I think I may just run it a year or two and either trade bikes or have the whole thing painted.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Nice job it looks really sweet.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
too bad about the paint but nice work on the stereo!

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
Are those special outdoor speakers?

How do you decide which speakers to use that wont get torn up by wind turbulence?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Looks nice in the pics. Sorry your not happy with the paint. That is one department that my skills are lacking is all that audio stuff.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are those special outdoor speakers?

How do you decide which speakers to use that wont get torn up by wind turbulence?

I didn't buy any special speakers. They're just good quality with heavy surrounds. No paper cones.

If they quit, I'll learn something I guess.

Didn't worry too much about water proof either. If they quit, I'll replace them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts