Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i finally bought my 10000 t-shirt and they threw in a harley.....

This thing is way too quiet so i need a set of LOUD black pipes....any suggestions? and where is the best place for prices?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used an 1 1/4" hole saw on the original mufflers, and then spent another 50$ and got them powder coated. they sound great and the price was right.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
:rofl:

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Bore out the baffles JG.

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
A Nightster with a solo seat looks even better. ;)
A Nightster with a solo seat and a 88" kit from NRHS looks even better yet. :D

·
Registered
39,558 Posts
A Nightster with a solo seat, an 88" kit from NRHS and a wide rear tire kit looks even better yet. :D
A Nightster with a solo seat, an 88" kit from NRHS, a wide rear tire kit, and nitrous looks even better yet.

:rofl:

·
COB
1,984 Posts
A FatBob with a solo seat looks best.

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW! before i cut my baffles with the 1 1/4" hole saw I talked with my local Harley Tech and he told me that I sidnt need to remap or use a power commander. Being the trusting person I am I called 4 other and they all said the same thing. 3 of the 5 informed that the sportster computer can not be remaped beyond the factory settings anyway. And yes i used the saw to cut holes.

·
blk bassani thunder
1,248 Posts
For about 350.00 vance n hines makes a nice full black set of pipes. You probably should get the stage 1 air cleaner as well and then you will have to get the EFI mapping as well and have the bike tuned and dynoed. This is what I did mine should be done tomorrow. Can't wait

·
COB
1,984 Posts
WOW! before i cut my baffles with the 1 1/4" hole saw I talked with my local Harley Tech and he told me that I sidnt need to remap or use a power commander. Being the trusting person I am I called 4 other and they all said the same thing. 3 of the 5 informed that the sportster computer can not be remaped beyond the factory settings anyway. And yes i used the saw to cut holes.
It's called "The Harley Tax". To meet EPA restrictions the really restrict the intake and exhaust flow. For years the cheapest 10% HP gain was a Screamin Eagle air filter, rejet/remap, and some free flowing exhaust. Not as easy on some of the new stuff.

·
Upright Downunder
48 Posts
08 Nightster Orange and Black

I have done just about everything I can to mine, added duel badlander seat and rear foot pegs of course, sissy bar, saddle bags, forward controls, rear progressive shocks (good move much better ride),black hot toppers on engine, power commander, V&H black short shots, Screamin Eagle cone high flow filter, all the 105 anniversary badges...it is a little kick ass bike with about 82hp on the dyno...looks and sounds wicked :cool:

Regards

Wayne

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts