Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Those tires are a great deal but only last about 2000 miles.
2000 miles :eek: That's like 16.8 cents per mile:mad:. I think I'll stick with my 14k Metzelers:ride

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Was out ridin in the rain today they stick real well.
I would have thought with no more sipes than there are it would not do well in the rain. I'm glad to hear that, and, that the tread life is better than first forcasted by Hawkmann.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
7868 was what I got from the Shinko, it still had another 500 to 800 miles on it but I needed a front tire real bad 16000+ on it. I went Metzler RoadTec Z6 haven't put any miles down yet but the little ridein I did get in had a different feel in a good way, pics and more review soon

I went with a 110/80/19 front 160/70/17 rear.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
wow! that tire lasted longer than any of mine. I usually get new tires around 4000 miles +/-

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have already gone through the rear Metz RoadTec it was for a lighter bike and the front is soon to follow it has developed a flat strip down the center.

Here is what my tire looked like when I returned from my last trip....

I just went to a Bridgestone BattleAX 020 which is made for heavier bikes gonna put a Bridgestone Battle Wing on the front.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have already gone through the rear Metz RoadTec it was for a lighter bike and the front is soon to follow it has developed a flat strip down the center.

Here is what my tire looked like when I returned from my last trip....

I just went to a Bridgestone BattleAX 020 which is made for heavier bikes gonna put a Bridgestone Battle Wing on the front.
WOW, you need to turn once in a while. ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts