Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 3 pouch windshield bag on an ultra classic. My dealer doesnt stock either gps mount,fairing or handle bars. I had the handle bar mount on my old bike so i know itll work. Question is will the fairing mount work with my windshield bag? Or will the left pouch be in the way? Cant really tell from the pics.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,549 Posts
the HD 3 pouch bag is designed to remove the left pouch when installing the GPS fairing mount. I will try to find a link to help u

·
Registered
693 Posts
This pouch has a detachable left pouch which is secured with two snaps. Not sure how I would like the look with the pouch taken off for the GPS. Instead I'd go to perhaps a single pouch if the GPS would be permanently mounted. IMO anyways.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the standard three pouch bag already. I dont really want to buy a new one just to be able to drop one bag to use the gps. I was just wondering if someone actually has the same bag i have and the fairing mount. I wouldnt be using the gps all the time maybe just 4-5 times a year.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have the standard three pouch bag already. I dont really want to buy a new one just to be able to drop one bag to use the gps. I was just wondering if someone actually has the same bag i have and the fairing mount. I wouldnt be using the gps all the time maybe just 4-5 times a year.
If you have the 3 bag and you want the gps mounted to the fairing, you'll need to remove the left bag as the mount may be mounted permanently...

I have mine mounted on the handlebars.

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the help. I think i may have to get the more expensive bar mount so i dont have to remove my windshield bag. Bummer. I think the fairing mount looks better.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I just had mine done and I lost the third bag. Ram Mount isn't much better and they had no promises that the GPS would hold on their unit.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Before I installed my Tweeter Pod, I used the round sticky plate from Garmin on the flat spot on the fairing, to the left of the Speedo. The suction cup mount never fell off on a 15 day trip. The location was good for visibility, and the vibration was less than on my bars.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
David, are you doing the 660/665??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts