Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok not sure but when I bought my new to me flhtuc a few weeks ago there was a GPS mount on the Handlebars that the Salesman said the previous owner wanted back..( bike was in storeroom while his CVO was coming in ).. So Im thinking He had the Navigation Interface installed.. I have a TomTom but will the Interface work only with the Zumo from Harley? without pulling the fairing is there a way for me to tell if its there or not?

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Only way to tell would be to put a 660/665 Zumo in the mount and fire up the GPS to navigate somewhere. Your TomTom of course will not work.

The HD interface is sketchy at best, I went through 2 of them on my SG, it would either not announce the command, or it would "lock up" after the announcement and not resume audio playback until it felt like it.

That being said, the mount itself works great. Lol

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
If you replace the mount and install anopther GPS, Garmin has newer versions than the 660 and 665. I think they are the 580 or 590 but I would do some research and read reviews before buying.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I went through this last year when I was installing a GPS. The Tom Tom will not work with the Navigation Interface Module (NIM). And even though the HD Roadtech Zumo 660 / 665 are made by Garmin and essentially the same as the Garmin Zumo 660 / 665, only the HD Roadtechs will work with the NIM. Something in the programming and Garmin cannot provide a program update to make the regular Zumo's work with the NIM.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
If you replace the mount and install anopther GPS, Garmin has newer versions than the 660 and 665. I think they are the 580 or 590 but I would do some research and read reviews before buying.

I upgraded to the 590lm, and I absolutely love it. Packed with features and options.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.