Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is beyond me why anyone would want to correct another adult's grammer or spellin on a damn motorcycle forum. I'll be 60 years old in a few months and i ain't never had anyone correct either my spellin or grammer, nor have i ever had a problem communicating. If this was a english literature forum.....ok, but it ain't.......lighten up.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Don't care what you do in life some one will criticize you for it.

If a person was to sit in a room not say a word some jerk would come over and say something negative about it.

Go on with your life and forget about the pinheads you come across they ain't worth spit.

60? holly crap you are old!

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't care what you do in life some one will criticize you for it.

If a person was to sit in a room not say a word some jerk would come over and say something negative about it.

Go on with your life and forget about the pinheads you come across they ain't worth spit.

60? holly crap you are old!
I isn't just me Bob, it's happened several times here lately. To several different folks.

·
Office Linebacker
1,218 Posts
Don't let it get to you...
We will always love you - for who you are, Zeta!
Yer gramer-tizing skils are tops in my book!

·
Registered
395 Posts
I only criticize my 66 year old sister, who is trying to act like a teenager. She uses "prolly" instead of "probably", "to" instead of "too" etc.

Ain't that whut brothers are fer?

By the way, Zeta, it's "grammar", not "grammer". JUST KIDDING !!!!

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I isn't just me Bob, it's happened several times here lately. To several different folks.
I know early on when I 1st joined the forum it happend to me also.

I know alot of well educated people who are ignorant.

·
Vanilla Gorilla
1,384 Posts
It is beyond me why anyone would want to correct another adult's grammer or spellin on a damn motorcycle forum. I'll be 60 years old in a few months and i ain't never had anyone correct either my spellin or grammer, nor have i ever had a problem communicating. If this was a english literature forum.....ok, but it ain't.......lighten up.
Grammar :) :laugh

sorry had to do it. I hear what you are saying. I don't correct peoples spelling or grammar mistakes, I know I make enough of them myself. As long as their sentences are coherent and I'm able to understand where they are coming from who cares.

·
On Probation
2,205 Posts
Yeah.... I think you gotta be a freekin TARD(Xero) to come on a biker forum and try and correct grammar.:think

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I also cant spell and my grammar could be much better..I had someone once that was trying to help tell me in a pm about spell check..My reply was I was all ready using it.:)...I think we all are good at a lot of different things and anyone that finds it necessary to call someone out for there spelling may do it to try and make them selfs feel smart when alto of these same people cant do much of anything else.. Dam...Dont get me started on the people that also think there chit dont stink..:moonBart

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Yup. Apprently he's out to correct america and any one else in the world that mispells something. Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I am not a grammar/spelling Nazi by any means, but the irony of misspelling "misspell" in this thread is just too much to pass up!!! :)

I have a bachelor's degree in journalism. I worked as an editor in the newsroom for several years. So, the bad grammar and spelling all jumps out at me. If I see an error in one of my own posts, I will always edit it to correct it. I can't help it.

But, I have to agree that pointing it out on a forum like this is a bit much. It does the OP no good, and it makes the one pointing it out look like a tool. (unless it is all in good fun of course as I intended the above)

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
I'm not gonna waiste time trying to correct grammar as long as I can understand whats being said. I'm a printer by trade, my grammar sucks, as well as my spelling, my job is to put it on paper, not to be a critic... I know this well as I am fully edumicated have a diplomat to prove that... even granulated college...

That was hell to type with spell check!!:nod

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I can deal with the spelling and grammar, but people who don't use punctuation really piss me off. B/c I don't know when to stop reading and when to continue reading...

·
Banned
482 Posts
Heck I leave whole words out since my typing is slower than my thinking. Almost every post I make I have to go back an edit cause I can't even understand what I said. Wordsmith's have all kinds of fun with me. But at 65 I couldn't care less what they say or think. Their time is coming.

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Fuggm

Correct that somebody, I dare ya

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.