Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm carving up the Seven Lakes Pky. above Sloatsburg,NY when I attempt to downshift and there's nothing there ! WTF ? The knurl that normally your toe pulls up or down on has sheared off ! I pull a u-turn and a quarter mile back see it lying mid road for all the good that does ! I manage to get 2nd gear and limp it back toward home .Cycle City in Sloatsburg, whom I'd really never dealt w/before was en route ,so I figure , any port in a storm, stop in and ask 4 mechanic. They send me around back and inside of 20 minutes, he's found a take-off part that works perfectly, charges me NOTHING and sends me on my way ! http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/images/smilies/biker.gif Talk about a GREAT SHOP !

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,780 Posts
There are still good people left. Unfortunately they don't get near the publicity the rotten ones do. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I found that this is a "normal" thing for Sportsters. Not shearing off, just getting loose and unscrewing. Dealers stock them by the dozens!! You found a very nice and helpful shop, enjoy and send them some business. Don't forget, blue Locktight is your friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts