Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody... my name is Terry. I'm here thanks to the good graces of Steve Farson who thinks you are all salt of the earth type folk... well... most of you anyway.

My family and I ( wife and six year old twins) have been living here on Canada's right coast for nearly two years now having moved from Toronto.

I 've been a scooter degenerate for some 40+ years now with a particularly sweet spot in my heart for Milwaukee Iron.

I currently have 3 scoots in my garage at the moment including a fairly breathed upon Sporty... an '07 Road King and a KTM 625 Super moto Competition which is undergoing a little tweeking.

Thanks for having me in your house. I'll try tot to spill too much on the carpets or break any of the furniture.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Hi Everybody... my name is Terry. I'm here thanks to the good graces of Steve Farson who thinks you are all salt of the earth type folk... well... most of you anyway.
Okay, what did he say about me then? I'm the salt in your wound or something?

Welcome from Central Texas.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Okay, what did he say about me then? I'm the salt in your wound or something?

Welcome from Central Texas.
Terry is an artist with the written word, and he sometimes explores the boundaries between truth and artistic freedom. Ha!

A big welcome TT.

And as you know, I echo the sentiments of FireDawgStew. That is one special Sporty.

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And from the great state of Va. welcome ,I just got an 07 RKC.how do you like yours

Hey Hound... i'll let you know as soon as the snow... and more important... the salt... are off of these roads and i actually get a chance to scoot it.

It's been sitting at the dealership since before Christmas and it's killing me.

How are you finding the heat coming off of that rear jug? It seems to be about the only thing my non Harley scooting buds want to know.

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Terry is an artist with the written word, and he sometimes explores the boundaries between truth and artistic freedom. Ha!
Clearly you have a future in the diplomatic corp Steven. Thanks for inviting me to your shiny new clubhouse. I'm not sure what to do in a place that doesn't restrict the number of daily posts. ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Those are some awesome looking bikes!!!!!!!!!!!! My Sporty is boring compared to that, lol ;)

Welcome to the Forum:dance

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Hound... i'll let you know as soon as the snow... and more important... the salt... are off of these roads and i actually get a chance to scoot it.

It's been sitting at the dealership since before Christmas and it's killing me.

How are you finding the heat coming off of that rear jug? It seems to be about the only thing my non Harley scooting buds want to know.
I haven't got the bike here either it is in Daytona Beach Fl..But my 02 heat problem was cured by putting tru duells on it and the 07 also has them adn fuel enrichment is also done.

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome!!! Ahh the mother land of Alexander Keiths, one of my favorite all time beers. LINK Those are very nice bikes BTW.
Hey man... you ever get up this way, the first couple of rounds will be on me.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Hey Hound.How are you finding the heat coming off of that rear jug? It seems to be about the only thing my non Harley scooting buds want to know.
Cycle World (U.S.) had a page devoted to this recently during a '07 96" test. They were mildly suprised by the rumors, noting none of their tests, nor that of other magazines ever uncovered/revealed this. They did observe Milwaukee had some kind of marginal fix that would reprogram the rear cylinder if a customer desired... but Cycle World wasn't too impressed with the solution/workaround. And didn't believe it necessary to begin with. A little digging from web reports and one finds the symptoms tended to appear with some on a very hot day, in serious stop/go traffic. Duh.

This I know... if the '07 RK ever exhibits a little toastiness between the legs here, given the probable cool temps I'll probably look for stop/go traffic!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Terrytori,

Welcome! This is a great place. Smaller and more personal than other forums, definitely a good thing.

My wife and I spent a week in NS for our honeymoon 19 years ago (early April). The first week in April in 1988 was cool and rainy, not sure we ever saw the sun. Everyone kept saying, "You should have been here last week" (apparently sunny and warm the week before).

We flew into Halifax and did the Southern Loop, west from Halifax, down the bay coast and then back up the ocean coast. We had a GREAT week, despite the clouds and dreary weather. Brings back good memories just thinking about it! We keep talking about getting back there one day. We might try later in the Spring or early Fall, though.

Sounds like you have all the bases covered with the King, the Sporty, and the KTM. Nice stable.

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Terrytori,

Welcome! This is a great place. Smaller and more personal than other forums, definitely a good thing.

We keep talking about getting back there one day. We might try later in the Spring or early Fall, though.

Doug

Thanks for the warm welcome Doug.

Spring comes late to this part of the world if it comes at all. Often it feels that we move quickly from tail end of winter to summer... almost overnight.
The compensating factor is that the autumns are fantastic and often stretch into late November.

If i were to suggest a 'best time' to see Nova Scotia, it would be late September through late October.

The weather is usually spectacular, most of the tourists are gone and the fall foliage is breathtaking.

If you do manage to get up here, contact me and it will be my very real pleasure to show you around.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Terrytori,

Just saw in another thread that you get to Santa Fe sometimes. My folks have lived there for the last 13-14 years. My family and I have been there quite a bit since, usually once a year. In the past 2 years I have been flying out pretty regular. My Dad's health has started to decline, and I'm trying to get there as often as I can.

My wife and I flew out in September for several days, and yes, we spent an hour soaking at 10K. Great trip, perfect weather. Last Month, my brother, sister and I all went out for my Dad's 75th Birthday. I got to take a day and a half solo journey to cold but beautiful Monument Valley/Southern Utah. And I'll be back in early May for some golf with Dad.

They live just off Old Pecos Trail about a mile from 25. I really feel like it's kind of a second home now.

If you (or anyone) needs a square meal while in SF, go to Harry's Road House. It's on the 25 Service Road, about a mile from Old Pecos Trail. Just look for the full parking lot. It's always busy, but they get you in pretty quick. If you order the nacho's, get the smoked chicken, and don't plan on having much room left for your dinner, unless you have several others to help you with the nachos.

Small world, huh?!

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
I think I know where this Old Pecos Trail is. My wife and I threw a bike in a trailer a year ago when finding ourselves sans kids one long winter weekend, and drove to Santa Fe making it ground zero for a couple of day rides. One day we explored the Bandelier, Jemez Springs area north/west of Santa Fe, then the other day it was Hwy 14, Madrid, and the great ascent up the Sandia Crest overlooking Albuquerque from the east. Highly recommended.

Anyway, doesn't this Old Pecos Trail head south out of Santa Fe and is near the oldest church in the U.S... The San Miguel Mission downtown?

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Terrytori,

If you (or anyone) needs a square meal while in SF, go to Harry's Road House. It's on the 25 Service Road, about a mile from Old Pecos Trail. Just look for the full parking lot. It's always busy...

Small world, huh?!

Ride on, ride well.

Doug

"
Hey Doug thanks for the wonderful tip. Next time out i will make it for sure.
Sorry to hear about your Dad's declining health. It helps to put a frame around the value of the time we have.

If you're scooting out there in the future, post some pics.

all the best... terry

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.