Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All...seems like an Intro is to be done, so here I am. The names Bagz for short, but you can call me Bama, BamaBagz, Bagz or FNG...I will answer to most all of them. I am a 20 year Army National Guard member, work full time for the Department of Defense as a Dual Status Civilian Military Technician, Husband to the same woman for 26 years, Father to 2 grown daughters and 1 son in law, and Papa to 2 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.

Bit-o-history: I have been riding for about 3 years. I started out on a little 1986 Honda VT700 Shadow I named "Jezebel", she had 68K on her when I got her...shes still beating the asphalt. I then a year later, jumped up to a Honda 1992 Shadow Spirit 1100 (Sinder), she had 20K on her, and sadly, shes down right now with a possible blown head gasket.

So, after 2-upping with my wife on the little 700 that wont quit, I happened to luck up and catch a deal on this 01 E-Glide...shes from family, so I know shes been taken care of. Previous owner had the oil pump replaced, new push rods, and cam tensioners done at 42K, she has 52K on her now.

I am a mechanic by trade for the Fed Gov...I turn wrenches on Army stuff. I am an Instructor at an Engineer MOS school where I teach transitioning soldiers from one MOS to the 12N MOS..we Pus Dirt! I also love to beat metal into submission and would rather build my jingly-jangly parts than purchase them (I have built handlebars, license plate brackets, heat shields and turn light mountings on Jezebel previously). I hope I can be of service here, as well as soak up any and all knowledge that is available. If I missed anything, please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to correct it.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Welcome to the site from western Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the warm welcomes...and no need to thank me for my service, its been my honor and privilege to serve...

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Excellent intro, Bagz. Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcome -
Surely we will run into each other at Rocket Harley some time....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts