Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
carpe diem
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi gang !

just signed up, have been a 1130cc member for some time now but was also looking for a good place to park my RK, think i've found it here :D ... being an air cooled waterhead or is it a water cooled airhead ??

greetz to Max & all brothers & sisters I've already met at 1130cc, seems to be a lot of them around here

schol !

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Welcome roadhog!

Hey, I have a friend in Brugge and he's telling me all the time about Belgium being Beer Central for the world. I see him a couple of times a year and have launched rides in different directions... the northern coast, to France, the Ardennes, etc. Good to have you here.

Edit... Knowing you have rain at times in Beer Land :), made a rain ride on the DX last week... http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963

·
carpe diem
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome roadhog!

Hey, I have a friend in Brugge and he's telling me all the time about Belgium being Beer Central for the world. I see him a couple of times a year and have launched rides in different directions... the northern coast, to France, the Ardennes, etc. Good to have you here.
thx ! and for the beer... it's a small country but when it comes to beer-science... this is the place to be !! but iso quantity we focus on quality hehe :D (this should get the Dutch & Germans going...)
give a shout next time you visit ?
grtz

·
carpe diem
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Edit... Knowing you have rain at times in Beer Land :), made a rain ride on the DX last week... http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963
tell me about it ... went on a trip to France some weeks ago hoping to escape from the juicy rain here... went all the way down to the French Riviera and still got hit by a full size hailstorm in the Ardeche .. stones just slammed through RV's roofs, my luck i saw it coming and found shelter in a nearby sheep farm... now THAT was kinda funny since my DX was indeed - like the HD ad says - the blackest sheep of them all !!!:rofl:

Attachments

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome Roadhog. I have to say Belgian beers are some of the finest in the world. I know you from 1130cc. I,m EZE RIDER over there, anyway see you around the forums.

·
carpe diem
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome Roadhog. I have to say Belgian beers are some of the finest in the world. I know you from 1130cc. I,m EZE RIDER over there, anyway see you around the forums.
hi EZE, i thought i recognized that avatar... small world ! nice to see you here too
yeah those beers ... kinda proud off .. like the French have their wines 'appellation contrôleé', we have all of the 7 official recognized Trappist beers in the world ... still brewed by monks ... it's like little angels doing p..p.. on your tongue
cheers, take care & see you !

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
tell me about it ... went on a trip to France some weeks ago hoping to escape from the juicy rain here... went all the way down to the French Riviera and still got hit by a full size hailstorm in the Ardeche .. stones just slammed through RV's roofs, my luck i saw it coming and found shelter in a nearby sheep farm... now THAT was kinda funny since my DX was indeed - like the HD ad says - the blackest sheep of them all !!!:rofl:
Great pic. Now there's a rider! Good thing you found "hail" shelter. Where I live is the highest incidence of hail in the U.S. If you think rain feels like needles, hail feels like rocks!

·
carpe diem
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great pic. Now there's a rider! Good thing you found "hail" shelter. Where I live is the highest incidence of hail in the U.S. If you think rain feels like needles, hail feels like rocks!
I've checked out many if not most of your pictures and vids you've posted ... man-o-man i've visited the US a few times but i know for sure Colorado will be next on the menu
mountain riding is my absolute favourite and i'm lucky we have some gorgeous ones over here too (meaning French & Spanish Pyrenees, Austrian-Italian-Suisse-French Alps and Italian Dolomites)
if you ever should have the chance to ride the 'Harley Dolomites Week' in Italy and ride all 36 Dolomites passes... sure you'll like it
attached some pics, 2x Dolomites, the Verdon Canyon (France) and Ardeche mountains (France) + a small clip shot in the German Black Forrest

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts