Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My big girl came home the other night with a massive paw swipe wound on her side from a cougar or a very large bobcat. The vet connected all 4 holes, cleaned the wound and placed 2 drain tubes in the opening. She has to go back in 2 weeks to get the tubes removed. The hound's wounds weren't nearly as severe. We think the cat had him (the hound) down and Gretchen jumped the cat to get it off him based on the wound pattern.
They will be fine. This isn't anything new for my mutts. It still beats living on a chain.

Between pain meds and my coddling it won't be a bad recovery for either of them.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,349 Posts
Hope the cat ain't feeling too good this morning either.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Wow!!! That looks like a fairly serious wound. I went Where the Red Fern Grows there for a minute. I pray she heals up just fine.

My grandfather's hounds never got into with a Cougar that I know of, but they tussled with plenty of bobcats and 'coons up in those Tennessee hills.

There were 3-4 of them around the house at any given time. The ones that lived long enough usually ended up with at least part of an ear missing and enough battle scars for 10 lifetimes.

They seemed to win most of the fights though. More often than not, they would drag the loser home and leave him on the front porch.

Dogs are amazing creatures. Their courage is something to behold. I do love them.

By the way, I think she feels fine, she's just pissed off that she has that cone on her head.

no shame though. I know she fought hard!!!!

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Geezis,...Pour Ol' girl.......The wound is bad enuff, But I know that cone drives them nuts.

·
Earthbound misfit, I
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charles, you described my hound perfectly. He's a tough bastard.

·
Try'n to behave
5,854 Posts
At least they are in capable hands. Here's to a speedy recovery so they can go extoll some more revenge! dog.gif

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I hate to see that but hopefully they will be fine.

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
I'm gonna show this thread to Bocephus tonight and tell him he should be thankful that a few coyotes s all HE has to worry with!!
(not really WORRY, he doesn't do that) ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1371829568.594566.jpg

·
Registered
7,340 Posts

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
If that dog was confronted by a cougar, he'd call in back up, then take a nap when they showed up!
He's a good dog.
(good for NOTHING)
Glad your pups are gonna be ok!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Prince and I send our best regards and hope for a speedy recovery.

Prince will mix it up and get it if its in a hole. I would hate to be bit by his razors. 12 pounds of fierce bite. Mostly, he thinks he is our son. lol

·
Registered
38,881 Posts
Found this video while looking at Chas' video....

Dogs got it rough!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Oh no..... not the dreaded "Hood of shame"!!! :laugh

Glad they are doing ok, could have been a lot worse....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts