Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question that I don't have the slightest clue what the correct answer would be.

I bought my bike 3 years ago from my uncle. It is a 2005 15 year anniversary addition Fat Boy. When I bought it he already had a bell hanging on it. Since this time I have put in a lot of seat time and the bell is just about demolished (large chunks missing from it, inside of bell, the clapper, is missing). What is the correct thing to do with it?

·
Just Ride
3,751 Posts
No one of significance gave it to you, toss it or put it on your shelf. Hint about wanting another.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
:thumbsup What Fritz said

·
Registered
581 Posts
Personally, I'd leave it. Those dents and chunks missing would represent those times when "the bell" took the brunt of something instead of me or another rider like your uncle. I would just hate to remove and regret it. I feel it's attached to the bike and who rides it, to keep them safe.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
I agree with Jopagocks.
But if you are bound and determined to get rid of it, I would not throw it away.
And as already stated. Drop hints to Family and Friends you need another. For them to work properly, good karma, they must be gifts.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I agree with Jopagocks.
But if you are bound and determined to get rid of it, I would not throw it away.
And as already stated. Drop hints to Family and Friends you need another. For them to work properly, good karma, they must be gifts.
That's right

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sounds like good reasoning to leave it on too. I definitely didn't want to throw it away and was wondering if their was like a burial/ritual for retiring them. When I first purchased the bike I wanted a new bell because I didn't feel like that one was given to me. However I have been rolling with it for three years now and have had pretty good luck so I'm definitely hesitant to take it off, and if I eventually do I definitely want to do it with the upmost respect.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Join the spring t-shirt swap. Have them sign you up with me. We'll swap t-shirts and ride bells. Or, just send me a PM, tell me your address, I'll give you mine, swap details like tshirt size and color and we'll git 'er done.

·
Registered
12,951 Posts
During recent Bike Nite. Fellow rider won a Bell. He already has two on now. I said now you have three. Any one have opinion on the number of bells on your ride?

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
I've seen 10 or more. Most I ever had was 5.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I had friend give me a bell as a joke was off a Christmas ornament that bell stayed on for a long time not sure when I lost it just looked down on day and it was gone
its suppose to be better if you get them as gifts so hint and either retire or ride that one till its gone

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
Thanks T~S! Dang you are right, pricey! Glad it is her money:):eek

·
Registered
97 Posts
Keep the old one on the bike and hint for a new one. Keep both on the bike for a while. The new one would be an apprentice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts