Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1989 FLHTP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends. In classic noob style I removed a part and for the life of me, can not recall how it mounts back on the bike. I believe this has to do with the choke and probably acts to keep the cable off the jugs? I just can not remember where it mounts and cant find it in an part break downs. I know it came of the bike when I removed the carb, again, I think its a choke cable guide....... any help is always appreciate, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1989 FLHTP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what you are suggesting, is that if I had used the link you originally provided me, I would have answered this myself? Yeah Id say that too.....

Thank you candyman1340!!

·
Registered
1989 FLHTP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interestingly, on my bike the choke cable is no where near that bottom bolt. I think it was used on the top bolt. the large end is to big to be held down by bolt, so i am going to install it little end on bolt with big end about 1 oclock look at it from breather side, thats only about an inch in front of the choke cable guide on the carb housing...

·
Registered
25,264 Posts
I just checked my bike ,I must've removed that years ago , the factory service manual and the parts manual refer to it as a cable guide , it could also be used for the fuel line or the over flow hose.

Used from 1966-1989

·
Registered
1989 FLHTP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see it being used for that purpose. in my case a six o'clock position might actually provide the perfect "bridge" between the jugs for the fuel line....

·
Registered
1989 FLHTP
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

1 - 7 of 7 Posts