Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 3.5" turndown end caps. Had an event to go to last nite, but tried to get them installed. Got them on and fired up the bike. Then we had to go. Got up this am to polish/wax and put the bags back on and....nothin':spank: looked down and the ignition was on. Brand new battety that the dealer put in when i bought the bike I'll post some pics of the new ends shortly. Battery tender is hooked up and charging.

·
Learning Member
466 Posts
Humanizing, ain't it?

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
I know many suggest using the kill switch then the dash switch.
I always just shut it all mine off at the dash. No :confused :eek :cussing :( the next time it was time to ride.
But that`s just me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I said to my wife, "I can't believe we didn't see those lights shining on the wall when we left yesterday.". She says "I did see it, but I thought it was the sun". :):). Oh well, fired her up with the turn downs and I'm digging it.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,450 Posts
I NEVER use the kill switch. Sometimes I think it's about as useful as that air temp. gauge.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
I NEVER use the kill switch. Sometimes I think it's about as useful as that air temp. gauge.
Can`t say I never used it. Think a total of 3 times. Maybe.
Once on each bike just to see if it worked.

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
I've used the kill switch on enduro bikes when I'd wipe out in the dirt and the bike ended up on the side the ignition switch was on..... But with the ignition switch being on the dash, the kill switch is about as useful as tits on a nun...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just an FYI when charging a fully dead battery start off with a trickle charger to full charge than use a maintainer when needed.
A tender usually wont charge a dead battery.

·
Registered
5,009 Posts
Cars and trucks don't have two methods to shut the engine off. I never use the handlebar switch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I put my meter on the battery before I started and it was at 6.5v. The tender worked fine. I just got it in Friday, so I did see that in the manual. I really like the looks of the turn downs and they sound pretty good. In end to take her for a spin to get some real feedback. Pics a little later.

·
Former Lurker
2,896 Posts
I always use the kill switch.
In FL, my main HD mech and an Electronics engineer friend (2 diff people) told me that it was safer and easier on the system and starter to energize the system with the dash switch and then make/break the start/run circuit with the kill switch and to do the reverse on shutdown.
Don't know for sure, but that is how I have always rolled...

·
239 Posts
I use the kill switch if I am parking on a hill and plan to leave the bike in gear. Hold the bike with front brake, clutch disengaged , hit switch with thumb and release clutch and brake then turn thumb switch back on before turning off ignitiom switch. I figured that out about the third time I had a dead battery.

·
Registered
730 Posts
70Chevelle...:thumbsup with the turn downs. Looks better.

How do they change the sound?

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
I really like those. Looks awesome on your bike.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with them. As far as the sound goes, it seems a little deeper, but also a bit quieter cruising since everything is aimed down. I can hear a lot more of the engine now than with other tips.

My buddy stopped over last nite on his EG. I sat on it and immediately thought his seat height was lower than mine, after a few rounds of sitting, we found that the nose on his seat is much narrower. I felt a lot more control. I guess I'm on the search for a new seat. I emailed MCC and got a couple quick emails back (awesome CS) and he said that he could narrow it a bit, but the pan is pretty wide to start with. I may give that a go over the winter. Anyone have any suggestions for a seat with AT LEAST the comfort of the stock for myself and my passenger that is narrower at the nose?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts