1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
110 Posts
I'm a strong proponent of gun control. I always use both hands, take a good sight picture, and squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it. Nearly perfect gun control is the result.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,345 Posts
I'm a strong proponent of gun control. I always use both hands, take a good sight picture, and squeeze the trigger, don't jerk it. Nearly perfect gun control is the result.
That would be the way I do it. Now if we could just convince the Senate.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I sit back. Chill. Take-in my surroundings. Note any and all extra-ordinary things or physical anomalies. Check wind speed and direction at multiple distances between me and the objective to account for wind drift. Laser the objective's distance. Dope scope windage and elevation. Adjust parralax adjustment. Observe objective. Take aim. Adjust hold-over for wind. Block everything else out. Control breathing. Become the rifle. Send it.

That's my idea of proper gun control. :thumbsup

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I like the way you look at it Bama. I had a drill instructor standing behind me T the range in basic. He heard me humming... Nananana, nanana, boom. He stepped up and asked me what I was doing... I said, I'm being one with my rifle, Sargent! I hit 64 out of 65 center dots that day. Got my expert badge to prove it.

They then took me to another range and handed me an M1 and told me to hit the farthest target on the range. I did with every round except the first two, I had to adjust for the sights being off a little for me. (10 rounds total). The target was at 500 meters.

Then off to another range. This time it was to fire a Barrett .50 cal. I was in heaven! Five rounds this time first two miss, last three hits. This target was between 800 and 1000. First shot fell short, second cleared the target by inches...

They asked me if I want to try sniper school... I declined and told them, I'm here to be a mechanic and that's all!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Bama - you sure you weren't in the. Corps? Sounds just like what a Primary Marksman Instructor teaches. Especially the become one w the rifle.
Deadly.
One shot
One kill

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Oh I'm sure. :thumbsup

Just been training with guns my whole life. And I do love some long-range shooting and hunting. Think I'm fixing to do another build before deer season, but this time make it a more huntable rifle, than something with a very large bull barrel. Give it a semi-bull, probably around .720" muzzle diameter, vs the .860-.880" diameters of most of my rifles that I use for long-range. Ahhh hell, I'll just go with a Sendero contour.....It's what i'm used to, anyway.

I say that, but I know in the back of my head I'll go with a Sendero contour, just like my 7mmSTW, or maybe an M-24 contour like my 5R mil-spec .308... Who knows.

Decisions decisions...

I know it will be a trued & blueprinted 700 action. Either Douglas or Rock Creek 5R 26" 1:9 stainless super-match, hand-lapped, sendero contour barrel, chambered to .280 Ackley Improved 40* shoulder, pillar bedded and free-floated into a McMillan or HS Precision stock, with an EGW HD base, TPS TSR 30mm rings, and a NightForce 5.5-22x56 w/ Zero-Stop, High-speed turrets, and the MOAR reticle. :thumbsup

·
Registered
529 Posts
Ooo Bama, I want to see when you finish it. I bought a Sendero in .308 not too long ago from a friend. I've got to find a good scope with target knobs and work it up but I like it.

I've shot HiPower service rifle comp since the mid 90s. Gotta love it.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Is it an original Sendero, Sendero SF, or Sendero SFII?

If it is the Sendero SF (Stainless, Fluted), and you ever want to get rid of it, I would be much abliged to be the first person you call, as I have always had a sweet spot for Sendero SF's. I pass on a SF .308 about 4 years ago for $400, B/c I didn't have the cash.....I've kicked my ass ever since. I have an SF factory chambered in 7mmSTW, and I would love to have a twin, or one in 7mm RemMag and .308.

If any of yall ever come across any Sendero SF's for sale at Pawn Shops or your buddies, please let me know. :thumbsup

Here's a picture of how to identify an SF...This is my SF 7mmSTW.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Bama, I've got the SF. It has a stainless fluted barrel mounted in a McMillan stock. I gave $600 for it. I was looking for a .308 to use for "F" class matches. This is pretty much match ready other than a good target scope.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
Should be an HS Precision stock, if it is all factory....

McMillan makes great stocks.

If you ever wanna "junk" it, holler at me first, please!!! I'll give you you're money back, no matter how many rounds are down the tube... I just have this "thing" for them, for some reason.

The only difference in the SF and SFII is the SFII has black flutes on a stainless barrel.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I used a Sendero in 300 WIN Mag for 1000yd F class and at the International Tactical Rifle Man's Challenge I topped the rifle with a 6.5 x 20 Leupold built by Premier Reticle. This was in 04 before the Original owner passed away and his kid took over and went to selling Schmitt And Benders for way to much money. (bitter party of one) The barrel is blued 26" and I had a JP comp installed that I would remove for F Class. I recently came upon a model 700 Police sniper synthetic in 308. This one has a McMillan stock and I am not sure which on feels better but no doubt they will both do the job. Yea gun control.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Oh I'm sure. :thumbsup

Just been training with guns my whole life. And I do love some long-range shooting and hunting. Think I'm fixing to do another build before deer season, but this time make it a more huntable rifle, than something with a very large bull barrel. Give it a semi-bull, probably around .720" muzzle diameter, vs the .860-.880" diameters of most of my rifles that I use for long-range. Ahhh hell, I'll just go with a Sendero contour.....It's what i'm used to, anyway.

I say that, but I know in the back of my head I'll go with a Sendero contour, just like my 7mmSTW, or maybe an M-24 contour like my 5R mil-spec .308... Who knows.

Decisions decisions...

I know it will be a trued & blueprinted 700 action. Either Douglas or Rock Creek 5R 26" 1:9 stainless super-match, hand-lapped, sendero contour barrel, chambered to .280 Ackley Improved 40* shoulder, pillar bedded and free-floated into a McMillan or HS Precision stock, with an EGW HD base, TPS TSR 30mm rings, and a NightForce 5.5-22x56 w/ Zero-Stop, High-speed turrets, and the MOAR reticle. :thumbsup

I enjoy hunting and always have. Grew up on ranches in South Texas and hunted quite a bit. But one thing's for sure, I never had to learn a new language prior to setting foot in the field. Haha!!

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
I enjoy hunting and always have. Grew up on ranches in South Texas and hunted quite a bit. But one thing's for sure, I never had to learn a new language prior to setting foot in the field. Haha!!
:laugh Yeah, I've been studying rifles and long-range hunting for years now, and so most of that is kind of LR lingo. I can break it down for you, if you are curious to know specifics?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Would be a cold day is HELL when they take my guns!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts