Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya and he almost hit the guy on the opposite shoulder!!!

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I don't think he is from around here.

·
Señor Member
19,668 Posts
The douchey bike that rode around the wreck couldn't decide if he was gonna bother to stop and help or not.

·
Registered
356 Posts
D*MN!!!
that was a great save .... laying that bike down.
good move, man :)

The Chief said ... "The douchey bike that rode around the wreck couldn't decide if he was gonna bother to stop and help or not".

No kiddin'. It's gettin' pretty damn sad out there these days, when MC riders dont even consider themselves to be any kind of brotherhood any more. Attitudes are going to sh*t.

dT

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This just proves CDL does not mean you know how to drive. Biker got lucky and smart in an instant. Dumping the bike is the only reason he is still alive

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I was thinking the exact same thing about dumping the bike Vandy!!!!

·
Retired firefighter
341 Posts
:yikes

·
Registered
39,762 Posts
Is this video on youtube?

<--- don't do facebroke.

·
Asylum Inmate
11,816 Posts
Video was a set up imo

·
Registered
326 Posts
That was a hair closer than mine in ny last year...one inch saved my life with some jackass trying to drive a truck...thank God he was on his toes and thinking quick...no time to spare...
Watch your back out there...

·
Registered
356 Posts
been thinkin' about what Bbally said ...

my first reaction to the idea that this was a set-up was ...
HOW? and WHY?
I still dunno why ... cant figure out how $$ could be involved.
But its hard to escape the conclusion that the rider was highly skilled and that the timing of everything was darn near perfect. For sure that was an experienced rider ... not many people these days could lay their bike down so smoothly and then walk away. Heck, these days most folks arent even taught HOW to lay a bike down at all. Could this whole thing have been a set-up (esp. because the truck drove away afterwards). Sure. It could have been.

If this was a true accident ... then that rider was super lucky.
And he still must have been pretty skilled.

dT

·
Asylum Inmate
11,816 Posts
Set up to my mind for several reasons.

First the stunt riding is going faster than traffic.

The truck pulling the 180 off the shoulder would have easily observed oncoming traffic. Even though with todays test most CDL drivers can be idiots, even idiots know to look.

Third the planned motorcycle that does not react. No way in hell does a second motorcycle not be completely on the hooks when they see what is about to go down.

Then he does not stop for an accident he just witnessed and a spectacular one at that...

Last, what is the camera doing where it is at? Certainly not a congestion monitoring camera. So why is it there. It is there because it is the best angle that this farce could be shot at.......

I agree on the lack of training for laying a bike down. We had to learn to grab and ICC bumper when I was talk as part of the safety program, because at the time run under was a major killer. Mostly because we were getting 650 CC machines that could flat out fly, but tires were still bias ply and acted more like plastic than rubber.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bbally .. see the other thread I just posted.

It shows a veteran stunt rider (Sean Graham) laying a bike down under a truck. VERY similar to the accident on this thread. Graham's comments are right on the money ... it takes perfect timing and total commitment to pull this off - and still walk away in one piece.

I gotta say ... the video clip here LOOKS very similar to what Graham does in his training video.

If there's any GOOD thing that has come out of this - it educates riders on what they have to do ... if they ever need to really lay down their bike. I'm not saying that its generally the best option, but its just one more "tool in the toolbox". :)

dT

1 - 20 of 22 Posts