Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my H-D battery tender is doing something wierd. When I plug into the wall and without being connected to the bike the light indicater will do a very dim very fast flashing green. When I connect it to the bike the lights are brighter and flash as they should, but now my indicater light is making that dim fast green even when connected to the bike. I assume its not charging. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sounds like you are not getting a good connection. You will have to clean the connectors that hook up to the battery and or make sure the tender plug is making good contact with the bike plugin. It could also be a broken wire between the tender and the battery.

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
So my H-D battery tender is doing something wierd. When I plug into the wall and without being connected to the bike the light indicater will do a very dim very fast flashing green. When I connect it to the bike the lights are brighter and flash as they should, but now my indicater light is making that dim fast green even when connected to the bike. I assume its not charging. Anyone have any insight?
I don't know that this will solve your problem, but please note that the BT instructions say to plug in the connection on the bike first--then plug the BT into your wall outlet.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
That plug in procedure is a safety caution to avoid sparks.
Not knowing the age of the charger in mention but my Battery Tender Plus gets a lot of use and the electrical AC wire wore out and caused problems.
I would guess that the charger in question has an internal problem.

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Maybe try a different AC outlet to make sure it's not the outlet also
I have my tender in a power strip so I can use the on off switch and don't have to unplug it

·
Poser Member # 99
17,671 Posts
I'd check connections on Battery and clean and try another outlet. You might want to just replace the outlet your plugging it into. A new outlet is less then a Buck at most box stores or your local ACE Hardware

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
nugget, do you have a riding buddy who will let you borrow his BT so you can plug up your bike and determine if the problem is your BT or something else?

·
TGPNW
640 Posts
Take a look at Deltran BT trouble shooting

https://www.batterystuff.com/files/trouble_shooting_bt_plus.pdf

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Another thing, check the BT's inline fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts