Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Anyone Installed Or Have An Knowledge Of Anyone Putting A Q-detatch Fairing On A Heritage Softail?which Way Would You Go?thanx,PICS IF POSSIBLE.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Fairing or just a windscreen?

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I never saw one Quick release, Craig, which is why I asked. Of course, the principle isn't difficult and should be easy enough to reproduce.

Sorry I wasn't any help.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx Trvlr ! Tring To Show Dave Another Brand..not A Computer Tech....see If This Works,,,NOPE ANYWAY IT'S HOPPE DESIGN.COM

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TRVLR ! I THINK THOSE ARE THE BEST WE'VE SEEN,GOOD THREAD..:Thanks.... STILL WOULD LIKE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Have you looked at the Memphis Shades batwing? I don't know much about it, other that it is pretty inexpensive- in the realm of fairings, that is.
I think it goes for around $300...

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hoppe Industries & Dragon..are The Best So Far,w/stereo & Stuff..good Pics Of 105,th. Softy W/fairing On @ Dragonfly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I investigated and shopped for a fairing with weather proof stereo like the HD fairings, and after hours of searching, purchased the Dragonfly at Daytona last year. They had the factory yellow in stock and install was pretty quick. Well the ride from Daytona to Orlando was pleasent, as the ability to listen to tunes while on the road was something I really wanted to enjoy on those highway rides.

Well....the following monring I decided to wash the bike before heading back over to Daytona again for the weekend, and while they boasted of their weatherproof stereo system which had been researched for the Dragonfly fairings, and after more then an hour of being sld on the benefits and quality of the Dragonfly fairing, the last thing i experienced while cleaning my bike was for the stereo system to shut down, go blank and not function for several hours (and no, I didnt squirt water on the backside of the fairing or face of the stereo, which was behind the weather proof dor provided).

So after spending around $2300 and having the damn stereo shut down (water seeps thru the joints of the front and back side fairing seam), I went online to do a little more research (i now had the radio brand, model number and specifics), only to discover the manufacturer never claimed their stereos to be all weather stereos, and they wouldnt stand behind any issues in that department.

When I contacted the Dragonfly home office, i was told they purchased their stereos in bulk, removed the electronics and sent them to another company to have the electronics dunked into a weather resistent coating, then they were re-assembled and re-packaged into their original boxes to be sold and installed at the time of a fairing purchase.

Well this guy wgho works hard for his money did really like the fact of how this stereo was NOT an all weather system, and felt I had been duped by the sales staff at bikeweek.

I returned to their booth, complained and had them remove my fairing for a full refund. The owner / designer of the Dragonfly system was a little piised about his staff informing me of how their stereos were really not all weather, and only treated to become all weather (the cheaper way to higher profits i guess).

So this is my story of buying and trying a removable fairing with all weather sound, which wasnt all weather in the first place.

best of luck if you havent already made your buy,
Jim in Orlando

1 - 12 of 12 Posts