Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Heavy Breather and the Stage 1 Flash installed on my 2011 Superglide Custom that already had 2" Rush Slip-ons.

Had a nice 100 mile ride home from the Dealership and the performance is noticeably better.

My question, is there really any point in removing the rain cover from the intake when it isn't raining?

Also, and if there is, at what point is rain considered enough rain for the cover to be put back on?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I run with mine on all the time. No need to take it off. You never know when you'll need it and it keeps bugs from getting stuck in the pleats. The only problem is that it does get faded by the sun to purple

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I just read a thread on another forum about the rain sock. A dyno tuner posted that he had to lean out a customers tune because the cust. wanted to keep the rain sock on all the time (cool logo). He said the sock added quite a bit of restriction to airflow. A couple others posted they noticed restriction with the sock in place also. Makes sense to me, as the sock would be integral to the unit if it didn't restrict.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts