Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, thanks to the web host for this great site, which I just discovered. My name is Caper, a long-time rider but not yet a Hog rider. I am planning to buy an H-D sometime in 2009, (at least that's the plan) and have been looking for a site that will help with my H-D knowledge. I hail from Toronto, with east coast roots. Love to ride, have a cruiser/tourer convert now, and prefer touring bikes. So far, my choices I am pondering are the Electra-Glide and Road King. This is my prep season: Will be doing lots of research and open to advice about all things H-D. To be honest with y'all, as a current and long-time Metric rider (not to mention Brit Bikes back in the day), I wish I didn't have this affliction with Harleys, given their price (yikes). But no other bike seems to capture the mojo of riding the way of Hogs. Thanks for 'listening'. I look forward to hearing and learning from you.
-Caper

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Welcome Caper. You will love riding a Harley thats for sure. Consider renting a few different models for the day or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Sfarson and Eze, good advice on the rental. Looking out at a foot of snow, good time to plan some rental rides.

-Caper

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts
Welcome!! EZE had good advice. Go rent a few models and try them out... or go to a rally where they have demo rides.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome these people will help you. Me on the other hand, I'm still using training wheels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, thanks evrybody! I see lots of nice rides here already, and a lot of info. Nice quick siter as well, thanks to the Admin.
Gtrman, I'liked your garage site and the couple of tunes I heard. Got a couple of guitars myself, been picking and grinning a long time. My fave is a '58 Guild D-40. Gotta love the tuneage.

-Caper

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome and Enjoy.... good advice rent a few -

·
Banned
655 Posts
Welcome Caper - glad you found out site. Is that your wife? She is beautiful and I bet she wants you to get a Harley as bad as you do. Glad your here and welcome from Missouri.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome Caper - glad you found out site. Is that your wife? She is beautiful and I bet she wants you to get a Harley as bad as you do. Glad your here and welcome from Missouri.
LOL- no, she's Michele Smith, host of the TV bike show American Thunder. I was at the 2005 Toronto Motorcycle Show and attended her booth. There was a line up, so I figured, what the hell? She warmly wrapped her beautiful self around me, very warm ebrace ... then she charged me $15! My buddy, who took the shot, couldn't stop laughing.
Now, let's me be clear- my wife is a beauty as well! She's not a rider though (Michele rides an H-D), but very supportive of my H-D plan- soon as I have the cash! lol

-Caper

·
Registered
157 Posts
LOL- no, she's Michele Smith, host of the TV bike show American Thunder. I was at the 2005 Toronto Motorcycle Show and attended her booth. There was a line up, so I figured, what the hell? She warmly wrapped her beautiful self around me, very warm ebrace ... then she charged me $15! My buddy, who took the shot, couldn't stop laughing.
Now, let's me be clear- my wife is a beauty as well! She's not a rider though (Michele rides an H-D), but very supportive of my H-D plan- soon as I have the cash! lol

-Caper
Cape,
OH SHIT!!! I had to laugh out loud when I read this!!!
$15 for a hug! I don't know about Canada, but in the deep south of the ole' US of A:USA:, we call that a hooker!!! Thanks for sharing, bro!!!
I'll never watch that show the same way again.:rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cape,
OH SHIT!!! I had to laugh out loud when I read this!!!
$15 for a hug! I don't know about Canada, but in the deep south of the ole' US of A:USA:, we call that a hooker!!! Thanks for sharing, bro!!!
I'll never watch that show the same way again.:rofl::rofl:
LMAO!! Hey, I never said it wasn't worth it!!
-Caper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts