Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired citizen
24,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this notice at my go to H-D dealer, New Castle H-D.
ATTENTION:
Due to changes to the H-D online sales policy, as of Jan 1, 2022 dealerships nation wide will no longer be allowed to ship any genuine H-D products outside of their dealership area.
I've had a tax exempt account with this dealer for the past 10 years and found out this morning I don't have access to do parts searches any longer.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Found this notice at my go to H-D dealer, New Castle H-D.
ATTENTION:
Due to changes to the H-D online sales policy, as of Jan 1, 2022 dealerships nation wide will no longer be allowed to ship any genuine H-D products outside of their dealership area.
I've had a tax exempt account with this dealer for the past 10 years and found out this morning I don't have access to do parts searches any longer.
Been known for some time, it is what it is...

·
Super Moderator
11,681 Posts
All in an effort to increase dealership foot traffic .....

Reactions: Wooden Rat

·
Registered
337 Posts
They already make toooooo much money off folks like us but maybe that the reason they have been strong for 100+ years and probably ain't going away. 10 years from now the forums will sound a little diff but still talking about Harley frigging Davidson

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Got a similar email from Shop Utah Harley awhile back and posted it here. However, just ordered some parts of Ronnie's this morning, no issues!

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,513 Posts
New Castle has been my goto for a few years now all the painted CVO parts $28,000 worth after the 2 let's see how much fiberglas we can break in a snow storm and then a deer. Plus all the other service parts, rotors bearings seals etc. I've used a couple other on line But like NC the best of all.

That new policy is gonna suck!

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
I bet someone will be 'black marketing' soon if not already. I suppose when you are this big a company you can do things like this. Like how Microsoft is doing the 'woke' crap in their software. I mean all the money was ending up in the same pockets, wasn't it? Is this to help keep dealers alive on parts ordering? I have to admit I'm not the most astute when it comes to business practices.

·
Registered
25,770 Posts
The whole point of them having a web site is to expand their reach for more eyes to see and increase sales. There would be no point in having a online parts department if the dealer could only sell to people that live in the same area. Nobody that lives close to a dealer would want to wait for ,or pay shipping on a part they could get by hopping in their cage and driving there to get it now and having their bike back together and on the road for a test ride before sundown.

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,513 Posts
I just checked New Castle parts and get message access denied. Tried to get around it by logging in and looking up a part and got same message. I sent a note to them to ask why denied, see what I get.

·
American
30,421 Posts
I just checked New Castle parts and get message access denied. Tried to get around it by logging in and looking up a part and got same message. I sent a note to them to ask why denied, see what I get.
Maybe you ran them outta parts!

Reactions: harvey13118

·
Viet Nam 69/70
2,513 Posts
As Schmidty said this is the message I have on my account also. Now what pisses me off HD.com has parts for sale online... Go figure. Probably not by part # though. My local dealer the parts guys half the time can't find the parts even when I provide a part #, generally because they don't know how to find an updated part #.
Font Screenshot Multimedia Electronic device Technology

1 - 13 of 13 Posts