Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone, a tip of the hat to hddeluxe for this week's bike... the FLSTN Softail Deluxe. There are some interesting custom touches to this bike, including something I've never seen... a bag resting below the rear fender! One doesn't see this bike model often and that's very OK in my book.

Bernt lives in Sweden, and I can remember exchanging messages with him at another forum long before this community came online. He placed an order for his Deluxe and had to wait a long time for its arrival. Once it arrived he got right to riding it, and riding it everywhere, from tours of Europe to exploring the United Kingdom (Check out his vids in the Ride Reports forum).

Would also note his enthusiasm for riding extended to his throttle hand and from what I understand, the Swedish authorities didn't share Bernt's joy for speed, giving him a stiff no-riding penalty for quite awhile. :)

Congrats Bernt. Sweet bike.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
What a Beeee-U-T-ful bike..............

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
The fishtails and white walls really give this bike a classic look. The bag under the rear fender is something I also have never seen before but I like it! Congrats to you!

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
Very nice, and tastefully done!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Tanks Guys!
What a suprise. Didn't even remember posting theese pics!
Actually I spends some times in the garage theese days preparing for the season. Not any big rebuilds, but more of fine tuning.
Like, when putting on the Corbin Solo Saddle the windshield was too hight. So I lowered it one inch and got it closer to the head light at the same time.
Also bought an Bag for the inside of the shield, hopefully it takes care of the reflexions from the chrome that disturbes the vidoes...
Also puts on a pair of chrome Tool Boxes that is supposed to contain the cell phone and iPod chargers and AD to AC inverter for the camcorder.

Try to get back soon with more pics.
Thanks again for the honour:dance

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Everyone, a tip of the hat to hddeluxe for this week's bike... the FLSTN Softail Deluxe. There are some interesting custom touches to this bike, including something I've never seen... a bag resting below the rear fender! One doesn't see this bike model often and that's very OK in my book.

that was the first thing I noticed.

Great lookin bike hddeluxe!!!!

·
Steve
262 Posts
Outstanding looking bike. If I had room in the shop for an additional bike and a wife that was a little more tolerant I would seriously consider adding a Deluxe.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Do you normally ride without saddle bags hddeluxe and how do you like your heel toe shifter?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Do you normally ride without saddle bags hddeluxe and how do you like your heel toe shifter?
I have Easy Brackets and can use none, one or two depending of what to do. On longer trips I have both and also a Dry Sack over the rear fender.
Around home I usually have one on the left side. One needs to be able to bring a couple of beer or so home...

I'm very found of the heel toe shifter. I have been riding bikes with that system for over twenty years and when riding bikes without it it feels awkward.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Somehow I have to figure out a way to get another motorcycle. Your ride has me wanting a Deluxe again. I do not want to part with the Queen, but she would look mighty fine in the garage with a Deluxe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts