Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

It is said in retail, reset or renew the store somehow every two years or die. While extreme, there is some validity to this. It could be applied to communities/forums as well. I'm thinking we could toss out some ideas to refresh the place here. Off the top of my head...

- New colors. Put some fresh paint on this kinda ho-hum black and gray place
- Contests. Maybe a bike of the month, photo of the month, etc.
- Perhaps a gathering. Noting the locations of many perhaps somewhere central like the Ozarks... perhaps summer of '09

Any suggestions/ideas from the members here?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Change is good! I like everyone of those ideas. An easy one would be to change the drab colors. I would like orange borders with a black background with text in white.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
of course I like the idea of a meet in the ozarks, especially if it's at the Lake of the Ozarks!!!

I remember thinking the colors to this forum being bland or whatever, but it's grown on me.

I think a bike of the month would be good, especially since there isn't a huge amount of members pretty much everyone has a very good chance of being the bike of the month at some point :D

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Free beer :rofl:

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Here's my quick new color idea. I think there should be at least some sort of brighter color, maybe just because I'm used to looking at 1130cc.

Attachments

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
As long as it's "easy on the eyes" LOL

Why wait until '09? There's plenty of time to stage a get-together... it doesn't have to be elaborate.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
This one reminds me too much of superman but something sort of like it. American motorcycle forum so why not Red White and Blue.

Attachments

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,504 Posts
I'll bet the more Rabidly anti-Airhead V-Rod forum members
DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT BLACK AND ORANGE ARE
THE TRADITIONAL HARLEY DAVIDSON RACING COLORS
AIRHEAD RACING COLORS!

bet if we remind them,
then surely there will be a disdainful move to reject those colors,
and then we could use them over here, with respect for traditions..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like the different colors Diamondlil. I'd pick one set but I'm too much of a mag-pie and I like them all as long as they are bright and happy!:eek:
I have a suggestion. I saw it on Vtwin Mama. A t-shirt exchange. That way people can get HD shirts from areas other than where they live. I'd have to read the rules again but it sounded like fun. Each member was given the name of another member who was participating and mailed the shirt to them. So only 1 shirt purchased by each member.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Isn't colors a girly thing :rolleyes:

Or am I getting mixed up with clubs :rofl:

The forum is what you make it - it has nothing to do with appearance.

Unless you accesorize :rofl:

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Isn't colors a girly thing :rolleyes:

Or am I getting mixed up with clubs :rofl:

The forum is what you make it - it has nothing to do with appearance.

Unless you accesorize :rofl:
So you dont care what color your helmet is or your jacket? How about your bike? Just a nice change of pace thats all.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all. Nice color combos. Well to be sure, this isn't my place. Max and Brentley run it. Max asked at the beginning if I would be a moderator and I replied with "Sure, OK". I'm just a humble moderator willing to help keep things organized... move threads (Have rarely needed to do this), delete threads (Have rarely needed to do this), and help out when I can. I've made suggestions before, sometimes from you, but they weren't responded to. I know Max and Brentley are busy.

The home page can be spruced up, perhaps with the bike of the month and/or the photo of the month, but again, this isn't in my control. I can't edit it. I can request a color change (perhaps we vote on it), but it will be in their hands.

We could have a gathering/rally this summer but I think it could be a challenge getting it on everyone's calendars, making arrangements, putting together plans. Perhaps I'm wrong. Another year of growth with this community could be helpful.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
By the way Steve, very original title under your avatar.:rofl:
Yes... original and creative :)

Everyone... I've put in a request to put some fresh paint on the appearance of this community. If you don't mind, I kinda liked the suggestion for something red/white/blue, but not bright... perhaps a dark red/maroon and a dark blue/navy.

Also, going to unsticky the "Post your favorite bike pic" message thread so fresher threads can make it to the front page.

Like the idea of a bike of the month and photo of the month. How would you like to see this run? Perhaps at the beginning of each month there is a message thread for submissions, members respond, and from that we kinda get a sense for which bike, which photo, is the winner for the following month. What think? We'll need active participation for this to work.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts