Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CustomBikeMike placed this image of Haystack Rock off the Oregon Coast. It is near Cannon Beach, Oregon. Can find more information here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haystack_Rock

A reason it is noted is how extraordinary the riding is in this area. Some cold night this winter, find the Rand McNally, and locate Oregon. Note highway 101 hugging the Pacific coast the entire length of Oregon. Haystack rock is near Cannon Beach. One rides past or through village after viillage, state park after state park, with one of the most beautiful and rugged seashores anywhere in the world. Seals in the water, crab pots off the piers, enormous tides, etc. When the tide is out you can walk to the rocks and find all kinds of marine life (Like brightly colored starfish) stranded and clinging to the rock until the tide comes back to give them a ride. If you have a weakness for quaint restaurants and fresh seafood... well, your Harley can take you there :).

Mike, thanks for the image and congratulations.

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
I wanna go there!

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
WOW....what a pic!! If only that big facken rock wasn't blocking the view........:D

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WOW....what a pic!! If only that big facken rock wasn't blocking the view........:D
Ha!

See how far that rock is out there? The Oregon coast tides would leave that rock high and dry (figuratively speaking) at low tide! You could walk out to that rock and there would be thousands of marine critters waiting around for the next tide to hop off. Bring camera. Bring the H-D, or rent one and ride this coast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts