Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
groovyknight of the UK placed a nice report of a charity ride supporting breast cancer charities. His report:

Yesterday met up at our dealers,then proceeded to Heston services via London and the M4 motorway.Two police motorcycles joined us as we left the Westbound carriageway to cross to the Eastbound service area, where we met the "Amazon Heart Thunder" girls on their last leg from Aviemore Scotland to London.1,300 miles raising money for breast cancer charities.All these girls are breast cancer survivors.Whole ride then set off for Pall Mall,passing Knightsbridge, Harrod's, Buckingham Palace and down the Mall.Emotional family re-unions and press/television coverage.Then off again to drop the bikes off at Warr's the London Dealer.Very underwhelming reception there, which I personally thought was a disgrace, considering what these girls had acheived.Some are quite ill and others have only recently passed the motorcycle test.Well done girls, I believe over £35.000 has been raised on their trip.PS you may have noticed that quite a few pink scarfes were being worn and not only by the women
Technically, we have two images as the "image" of the week. Both describe well how Harleys can bring people and a cause together. I personally thought it was moving to see these survivors get on their bikes and ride, full of the gift of life. Thanks for sharing groovyknight and congrats.

·
Touch my monkey....
471 Posts
Have bikers got heart, or what!!!!!
Very few organizations that get together and donate money, or help the needy the way bikers do.

All you have to go is advertize a ride for charity, charge a small fee, give them something small to eat and watch them ride in, bring toys, money or whatever was asked of them, all for the excuse to get together and ride.

No better people on this earth. ;)

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Great pictures!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts