Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you a member of H.O.G.? If so, are you also a member of a local chapter, too?

Or, are you a member of another riding group or club? Any 1%er's need not disclose specific club names or info if they prefer not to.

·
"Ain't quite right"™
11,239 Posts
I ride alone.

·
when did it start 4u
2,051 Posts
HOG here not into the chapter stuff , I have been thinkin about doin that but not sure heck I have been a hog member for a long time come to think of it

·
1,074 Posts
H.O.G. member,
Member, Webmaster, Road Captain Chesapeake H.O.G Chapter 1804
I ride in large groups, small and alone. That's what is so great about riding at all.:thumb:ride

·
Git 'er done
400 Posts
H.O.G. member

No other clubs. ride alone >90% of the time.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
HOG - Cedar Rapids and both Chicago chapters. Went "Life" in '92 cuz they had it for $250.

Used to be involved with several other groups/clubs.

Also a member of ABATE both in IL and IA.

And of course, the DOLC!

I ride alone or with others, it's all the same to me.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Yea I'm a HOG. I extended the free one year HOG membership for three years. No Local chapter for me.

·
Banned
161 Posts
I belong to both. HOG and the local chapter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
H.O.G. member

I belong to the White Plains, NY chapter. Am also a Road Captain in that Chapter. Good people, and we put together some nice rides.:thumb

·
a new old fart
238 Posts
I belong to the Joplin, Mo Chapter, Cycle Connection is our sponser, I'm a Road Captian, and the Web Master, my wife is our Chapter Photographer, we've been riding for 30+ years before joining the H.O.G. and well never quit, with all the rides and events we injoyed this past 5 years, H-D 105th anniversary was the best fun I ever had when it came to my riding experience, and being in my mid 50s I get to injoy riding with people my age and don't have to prove nothing

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts

·
What?
3,256 Posts
I'm with Rock Slide. I use the HOG for a Triple A replacement. It's cheaper. As far as the rides - nope don't do them. I might show up for one or two this year just to say I did. But most of the announcements I get for the chapter say's something like, "we're meeting at "whatever" bar this week. Thanks anyway. But I prefer to actually ride. When I ride with a buddy. He'll "lead" for a few hours, and then I "lead" for a few hours. We don't plan anything, except to stay in the state. (One friend has been known to show up three or four states over after a day of riding)

·
a new old fart
238 Posts
RubberDown
I know what you mean about bar hopping, some likes that, but like you I like to ride, a tank of gas makes a good day trip, but do have to stop for food, I'm lucky I live in SW Mo. we have some of the best riding here in the Ozarks. and here is one for you, I have at times been just riding and the end of the day have no Idea where I was, so now that I'm getting older I ride with a GPS, helps me to find my way home. ride safe and injoy.
L.A. Jones

·
Registered
103 Posts
We're both HOG members, but I've never been a part of a local chapter. We've looked into it but just haven't done it yet. There's three chapters in Houston to go with. My wife was a member of the Nashville chapter when she lived there years ago.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts