Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HA! TAKE THAT!!..I'll show that stiff jacket PICS PG 3

The very kind Fedex dude brought my brand new leather motorcycle jacket today. I'm convinced the cow, or camel, or horse, or whatever it was, was VERY dead and stiff. It was like trying on a jacket made of hardi-board.

I just put it in the dryer with a pair of my wife's old brown 'hard as rocks' Dansco's. No heat. 1.5 hours of time.

That'll show that jacket who's boss. She's used those shoes on me several times. I know they work!! :rofl:

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
My leather jacket gets very stiff in the cold. It's a cheapo jacket and therefore the leather is not high quality. It's cold out, the jackets been in a cold delivery truck for days; take it out and warm it up and it won't be stiff.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
13,072 Posts
Try a less dramatic entrance into a forum next time. Greetings from the Left Coast.

Put some smooth river rocks in next time.......

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you believe that jacket tried to get away from my wifes shoes by knocking the dryer door open?!! Fixed that with some packing tape across the door...

On a serious note I haven't been on a motorcycle in 28 years. Grew up racing dirt track and rode a bike back and forth to school and work in the my junior and senior years of high school.

For the last 5 years I've been looking, hoping to scratch an itch that never quite went away. In December my wife asked me what I want for Christmas and I said a motorcycle. She asked what kind and I said a Street Glide. Santa showed up with a 2012 Ember Red Sunglo Street Glide with a stage 1 Screaming Eagle intake and ThunderHeader for Christmas. I've ridden that bike every day since. Took me about 2 hours to 'get my groove back'.

I should not have stayed gone so long.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Well now, there's an intro!

Welcome back from Louisiana!

--

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I'll get some photos up in the next couple of days and I will post the results of this kung fu dryer technique.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
What a great wife!

·
luv the low country
20,645 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Welcome from Wyoming.
I thought I was lucky getting heated gear for Christmas from my wife. That wife of yours sounds like a keeper. Do you want to trade?

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Welcome from Wyoming.
I thought I was lucky getting heated gear for Christmas from my wife. That wife of yours sounds like a keeper. Do you want to trade?
Bikers swapping wives. Now there's a novel concept.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum from N.Y. she's sure a keeper

1 - 20 of 57 Posts