Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on an organized ride today and enjoyed every minute of it. At one point we stopped for a little after lunch dessert.

I had parked my bike and was waiting for the next guy to finished backing his bike next to mine before getting off mine. He was riding a 2007 or 08 Electra Glide Ultra Classic and I was on my 2012 Electra Glide Ultra Classic. So the only major, noticeable difference you can readily see is the color. Everything else you need to look for to notice (chassis, engine, etc.... )

That being said, the guy looks right at me and with all seriousness says...."Is that a Harley?"

I bit my tongue and just said "Yes, yes it is." I am so proud of not saying what came to mind first.

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh do tell what you were really thinking
Well, the first word of the sentence was "Moron,....."

Yeah, My mouth gets me in trouble enough when I'm at work. That's why I let it go. No one has ever said I never learn....It just takes me longer than others!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Well, the first word of the sentence was "Moron,....."

Yeah, My mouth gets me in trouble enough when I'm at work. That's why I let it go. No one has ever said I never learn....It just takes me longer than others!
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin sounds like me ! well played.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
"I'm not sure. I just bought it because it was shiny."

·
Killer of Souls
10,862 Posts

·
Just Riding Around!
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You sure he wasn't kidding? Realizing that you had very similar bikes saying that sarcastically??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

No, I'm very sure he was serious. And, by the way he was riding that day, I'd have to say he didn't seem well versed in anything with two wheels! I got away from him - quickly!

I've also been chuckling over everyone's comments. They are great!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts