Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new grips, Kuryakyn iso. The instructions say to cut the left grip off with a box cutter but there metal. The old grips are diamond plate, any tips on gittin these off and glueing the new ones on.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks, that will be my project tommorrow when i git off work. You asked about my stock pipes last night, it ran the same with stock pipes as it does with the drag slip-ons. I'm goin to take the baffles out and change the plugs and ride it a little and then check the plugs, if they are black i will know i need smaller jets. Does this sound like a plan?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave you a wealth of information. While i hav ur attention i put 4 1/2 '' risers on my handlbars, this has my speedo at a weird angle. I searched the internet for a relocation bracket but did'nt find anything. You have any ideas?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Not that it is too safe. I'm told the best if not only way to truly check your plugs is to cut your motor off via the kill switch at the RPMs your checking for which is average cruising speed. Coast to a stop and pull them out on the spot.

This is not my idea and was wondering if there is any truth in it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts